Kia or Hyundai

I'm going to buy a new (demo) car and it will be either a Kia Rio or Hyundai Accent. I quizzed both sales people about the original rough assembly and problems they had when they first hit the market and they both assured me their cars are now precision builtby robots and never have any trouble. Have test driven both and they seem much of a muchness, but does anyone have an idea of which has the better reputation.

Have you checked out the review sites? I found it very useful to get feedback from (supposedly) real people, which narrowed my choices.

I ended up getting a Hyundai, which was a great choice for me, but that was an i30.

I would go with the Kia Rio......as it is better. The upgraded model has a lot of features.

As for the pick of the small cars it would be Hyundai i30....it is outstanding it it beats rivals like the Toyota Corolla.

The Koreans quality is also very good....it leaves some of the more expensive European cars for dead. You see a lot of Kias and Hyundai's now in Europe.

I'm going to buy a new (demo) car and it will be either a Kia Rio or Hyundai Accent. I quizzed both sales people about the original rough assembly and problems they had when they first hit the market and they both assured me their cars are now precision builtby robots and never have any trouble. Have test driven both and they seem much of a muchness, but does anyone have an idea of which has the better reputation.

I've got a Hyundai Santa Fe - it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. Haven't had any issues with it - and it's very cheap to run.

I don't know how Hyundai stacks up against KIA - I'd assume they'd be quite similar.

Cheers

Jamie

I just bought a new 2013 plated Kia Cerato after narrowing it down between that and the i30, which is practically the same car with some different finishings. The reviews made it to hard to make a call, it was Kia's willingness to negotiate down on price that made my decision.

I've been told the Hyundai has a bit better resale value because it sells much larger volumes than Kia.

Kia and HY are from the same ownership and pretty much share many bits and idealogies.

Have owned a HY TerrorCan diesel........... was a good value well built bus without major hassles, and currently have a Kia Sorrrento Diesel in the Garage .

Both brands take their quality of product and service quite seriously.

ta
rolf

I drive brand new fleet cars in my job and get changed over at 15000 Kms. I'm on my 3rd Hyundai accents over the past year or so.

Great car but has one problem a car fogging problem.

I returned the first one and they put in a new compressor which improved the fogging a bit.

Next one same thing then I realised the hotter the temperature outside (I'm in perth) the more fogging. I've tried everything all the buttons ... Then I tried an old cleaning ingredient vinegar, this helps for a few months before needing to reapply and polish.

So other than this a great car!

Sister got a new Hyundai, this year - smaller sized one ?! :) quite a good car.

Other family member got a new Kia Rio this year. Quite a good car also. !

Sorry I'm not much help. :eek:

Kia and Hyundai... owned by the same parent company :p

I'm biased towards Hyundai though.

That said, why not VW Golf or Mazda 3 (new one look pretty slick)?

Shame on all of us for not buying fords and holdens.

I own two Toyotas - Kluger which we bought 2 years ago, and just got given a 96 Tarago.

Owned a Hyundai Accent from new, and it is still on the road around town (we sold it to a young girl for her first car). Must have close to 300,000km's on the clock by now I would expect.

Hyundai Traject. 9 years old now. So far so good.

CD player broke down after about 7 years of having it. But I replaced it myself with a new one.

Get the Hyundai.

The Kia Rio feels nice and comfy, but is so underpowered as to be dangerous. I test drove one when looking for a new staff runabout car option, and with me and aircon on, it was so sluggish off the mark that I couldnt get into a gap on a roundabout with my foot to the floor

I rented an Hyundai i30 yesterday and was disappointed. The rear suspension was terrible, the accelerator pedal was too firm, seats were hard, auto didn't seem to know what it wanted to do.

The "solid" feel of the car & the styling were good, but compared to Pulsar I rented last month they were miles apart.

Hubby had a Hyundai a few years ago, was a fun car to drive but had a lot of issues. Now he has a Kia (optima?) and it's a great car, bought it as a demo with all the bells and whistles, but much cheaper than the Fords/Holden's.

I've got a Ford, I like it, but I don't think I'd buy another. Expensive and I've had poor customer service.

I rented an Hyundai i30 yesterday and was disappointed. The rear suspension was terrible, the accelerator pedal was too firm, seats were hard, auto didn't seem to know what it wanted to do.

The "solid" feel of the car & the styling were good, but compared to Pulsar I rented last month they were miles apart.

That's interesting - I much prefer hard seats and heavy accelerator pedal (my Bimmer was like that). I find my current car's pedals much too light - I should get the spring changed (shouldn't affect the car any because it's not physically connected to the throttle anyway)

The Y-man

Back