Kingsville (VIC) next to Footscray

What do people think about investing in this suburb,

It's one of the wester suburbs after Footscray and is highly recommended by the lattest Domain propertly outlook for the next 3-5 years. 5 stars for houses.

With Footscray already taken off (not sure how much it's still got to go)....could Kingsville benefit from the ripple affect soon?

I think you can get some pretty good sized houses for around $300-350k.

Footscray used to be pretty big on crime (dropped a little but still there) I wonder what Kignsville is like as a suburb.

there are properties in kingsville advertised at 700k.

i think you will find anything around 350k is a unit, or a house in need of detonation.

I prefer newport, over kingsville, and williamstown over newport...

Yarraville, Newport, and Williamstown are my preferred suburbs in the inner west.

It's one of the wester suburbs after Footscray and is highly recommended by the lattest Domain propertly outlook for the next 3-5 years. 5 stars for houses.

With Footscray already taken off (not sure how much it's still got to go)....could Kingsville benefit from the ripple affect soon?

Footscray used to be pretty big on crime (dropped a little but still there) I wonder what Kignsville is like as a suburb.
Hi, I actually think Kingsville is a better suburb than Footscray, I also think its the more expensive suburb. Have a look at Spotswood too.

A quick look at suburb performance shows the median price (for what it's worth) is 456k for a house and yield is 3.5%.

Not inspiring enough to make a search on RE.com or domain worthwhile.

there are properties in kingsville advertised at 700k.

i think you will find anything around 350k is a unit, or a house in need of detonation.

I prefer newport, over kingsville, and williamstown over newport...

Yarraville, Newport, and Williamstown are my preferred suburbs in the inner west.

This is the medians for houses just pulled up for your preferences :)
williamstown 730k
Newport 520k
Yarraville 500k

You have expensive preferences :p

Is this for investment or to live?

A quick look at suburb performance shows the median price (for what it's worth) is 456k for a house and yield is 3.5%.

Not inspiring enough to make a search on RE.com or domain worthwhile.

Those figures are very misleading.

A lot of 1-2 br unrenovated flats in the area some from high 1's up to high 2's for your vanilla variety. Others are larger blocks with older style period homes, some which are then renovated to make a nice PPOR, others which can be subdivided.

Kingsville South extends to Newport, so with changes happening to the area, and depending on your strategy and your search area is in the west, then Kingsville should definitely be on your radar.

Those figures are very misleading.

A lot of 1-2 br unrenovated flats in the area some from high 1's up to high 2's for your vanilla variety. Others are larger blocks with older style period homes, some which are then renovated to make a nice PPOR, others which can be subdivided.

Kingsville South extends to Newport, so with changes happening to the area, and depending on your strategy and your search area is in the west, then Kingsville should definitely be on your radar.

Ok, I'll take a closer look using your pointers and have an improved understanding of Newport. Personally like the area so it is good to be wrong in this case :)

you get the lost for your money in the inner south west in comparison to the south east....

i would prefer to live in suburb such as prahran, caulfield, st kilda...

but bang for buck, you get more for your dollar over the westgate bridge.

units in particular..... this is where the value is in my opinion.

units in particular..... this is where the value is in my opinion.

I've lived in Kingsville. Whilst yes, units definately cheap on this side of town, but when you consider houses, you simply can't get them at this price on the east side.

As for pricing in Kingsville, it's gone up a fair bit in the past few years, having some houses costing about mid 3's to low 4's. If you're after that, why not go for Footscray? Of course the price is higher, but only by a bit. It's an activity centre with its own train station. Kingsville doesn't have much (Other than Geelong Rd), and is sort of stuck between West Footscray and Yarraville. You still need a car if you live there. In Footscray, you can get away with not having one.

But then I'm generalizing a fair bit about K'ville. There are nice pockets here and there and you just have to find it.

... If you're after that, why not go for Footscray? Of course the price is higher, but only by a bit....

Are you saying the price is higher in Footscray compared to Kingsville?
Is this a recent thing?
When I looked and kept track of things (up until a year ago) Kingsville pricing was more like Yarraville, and both were more expensive than Footscray?

AFAIK, Foot-a-scray is a slight touch more expensive than K'ville (Being closer to Waterfront City). Unless something changed in the decent days. and Yarraville is a cut higher than both (saw a need-to-be-demolished weatherboard house on a 6x25 block going for $300k), and its price is pitched closer to Seddon (I love Seddon, but just can't afford it).

I have recently been looking in the area for an IP, i went to uni at VU in footscray (4 years :S) and have spent many days and nights in the area so i know the western suburbs quite well now. I much prefer Kingsville to Footscray, even though it has no train station or many shops, it has a much nicer feel to it. I don't think you can go wrong with Kingsville, it's a nice quiet leafy little pocket and only 8 kms west of melbourne, and right next to yarraville (15 minute walk)

My ratings of the inner western suburbs: (would be interested in peoples opinions on this)

1. Yarraville
2. Seddon
3. Kingsville
4. West Footscray
5. Footscray
6. Maidstone
7. Braybrook
8. Sunshine
9. Brooklyn (too industrial)

Kingsville

I purchased in Kingsville and I am very happy. Here are some benefits:

• The area is within 1 km to 3 train stations: Yarraville, Seddon, West Footscray
  • Less than 1 km to Coles
  • 1 km to Yarraville Village and Seddon shops cafes
  • 10 mins to Williamstown Beach
  • 8 mins to Docklands
  • 10 mins to CBD
  • 15 from Highpoint
  • 10 mins to Altona Gate Shopping Centre
  • 5 mins to Footscray Shopping
  • Chemists, Bakeries, Cafes, Service Stations, McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, 2 medical centres, 3 bottle shops, Mechanics, Dentist, Parks all within 600 meters.

No industrial areas. What more could I ask for? Plenty of new development is taking place in this area. Kingsville will definitely be the next hot suburb.

Things I liked about Kingsville were:-

Nice period homes all being renovated.
Quiet tree line streets.

Things is didnt like were:-

No walkable shopping village like Yarraville, Seddon or Spotswood.
No train station.

West Footscray Station will be within 3-10 min walk depending on which side of Kingsville.

that's ok for the northern end. But not so good for the south. And West Footscray's a bit of a dodgy station, depending on time of day. I'd walk a touch further and go to Yarraville or Seddon - a better class of passenger on those lines :D

Hi DP, Must be a good deal if you are very happy.

You have given loads of information on the IP location but no information on the IP itself. What kind of property is it, what price did you purchase it for, what is the yield?

To be very happy, I'm expecting an impressive yiled :)

I purchased in Kingsville and I am very happy. Here are some benefits:

• The area is within 1 km to 3 train stations: Yarraville, Seddon, West Footscray
  • Less than 1 km to Coles
  • 1 km to Yarraville Village and Seddon shops cafes
  • 10 mins to Williamstown Beach
  • 8 mins to Docklands
  • 10 mins to CBD
  • 15 from Highpoint
  • 10 mins to Altona Gate Shopping Centre
  • 5 mins to Footscray Shopping
  • Chemists, Bakeries, Cafes, Service Stations, McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, 2 medical centres, 3 bottle shops, Mechanics, Dentist, Parks all within 600 meters.

No industrial areas. What more could I ask for? Plenty of new development is taking place in this area. Kingsville will definitely be the next hot suburb.

Yield is pretty bad like the rest of Melbourne suburbs unless you bought prior to 2009-2010 boom. Roughly 4-5% for units and 3% for houses. Better to make money somewhere else and comeback to Melbourne a bit later.

Back