Kitchen Appliances

hi i am looking to reno the kitchen, would be looking for your experience and advise to building one. what would be first step ?

i've got a room thats suitable to U shape kitchen.
any advice on what brands and bang for buck appliances ??
electric or gas ?
what would you do different ?

so far i've been recommended westing house 5 burner 900mm with oven stainless steel attached around 2.5-3k (abit expensive)
or bang for buck go for brand name euro..

-stainless steel rangehood
-stainless steel oven and burner prefer attached and grounded like in cafes,restuarants etc..
-stainless steel splashback
-i will not be installing dish washer.
-Double sink with high rise mixer..

what sort of cost am i expecting for different brands ???

Hi I think gas is always better than electric for cooking and I would use gas cooktop and electric oven if your proerpty has the connections.

My estimates on costs: kitchen packages ie cooktop, rangehood and oven on a budget for a IP reno would be anywhere between $1300 - $2500 depedning on the look and offers available. Slideout rangehoods are about $100 cheaper than budget rangehoods. However full rangehoods look the part if you are going for a fancy rather than budget kitchen, note the rangehood canopy heigt as you may need an extension if venting to the roof cavity - extra costs you may miss.

I like the stainless steel and I don't particularly care of te brand - with many appliances the brand is not written on - but in your communication with your valuer or renting agent you can legitamelty say Euopean as many are. I would look at Domayne, Harvey norman, IKEA, 2nds World in Sydney etc.

My estimates from a recent kitchen reno
Oven $600
Cooktop electirc $450
Rangehood canopy $300
Slideour rangehood $150
Sink with 1.5 bowls and high mixed $260
Stainless steel dishwashers $650 - $850 depends on when you buy.

If you buy at auction or online then you can get further discounts but this is my most recent estimates. As you can see the kitchen package is about $1350.

Hope this helps good luck
Jane

Hello,

Going for Euro name brands in my opinion, is a good idea, especially for a future sale or a PPOR. Cheaper stainless steel systems (i.e. Euromaid etc.) are just poo, don't touch. At the other end, spending thousands is wasting your time, unless you are truly gourmet or are trying to "show off" to your friend. If you have a choice, go gas, much better cooking....

Westinghouse etc. are "middle class" as far as I'm concerned..good for middle to high quality rental, but not for a PPOR.

I am now also careful to stay away from stainless tops with knobs on top...does not suit my cooking style. :)

Finally, as with most things, you get what you pay for...:cool:

your choice of kitchen packages should be directly proportionate to your choice of kitchen ,i have seen many and i mean MANY customers buy the top of the line stainless steel do all appliances and then try to save money(mainly because they have spent all of it on the appliances)by puttin in a "budget"(read cheap)kitchen .the end result is an assault to the intelligence ,and further down the track when they try to sell their pride and joy find that not every one shares their view about the combination ,so they have effectivley reduced their market share of buyers

Back