Kitchen companies in Adelaide

Hi all,

My parents are looking to make some changes to their kitchen and the quotes they have obtained seem a little excessive to me.

They need to change all the cupboard doors and make some small changes such as getting two drawers installed under the new stove in stead of cupboard and also to make a microwave provision above the wall oven.
As they are replacing all the cupboard doors they also need to replace the kickboards and the cupboard facias as well.

Their quotes have been around $8000!!!

Could someone please recommend a company in Adelaide who will come out and do a quote for the work including installation or possibly suggest whether or not this quote seems excessive.

Thanks
Darren

Hi there Darren,

As always get more than one quote but I think you will find kitchens are expensive things to renovate. My folks paid about 14k for their new kitchen,that included about 6 metres of cupboards, pantry cupboard, about 2 metres of overhead cupboards,extractor fan, supply of sink and taps, installation of cupboards. It did not include removal of existing, any plumbing or electrical work, tiling, supply and installation of new oven and stove top, and dishwasher.

So there you go, depending on how many cupboards involved 8k may not be too bad. Hope this helps:)

Tom

I did a complete revamp of my kitchen for $11,000 including new oven, all tiling, new cooktop, new oven, all electricals, all plumbing, granite benchtops and cupboards. I used CAA kitchens at Magill Road, Norwood, opposite the Maid and Magpie Hotel. They provided all the cupboards and benchtops, and installation, for $5500 (a large kitchen) and used my own plumber and electrician. CAA also have the name of someone who will do the removal of old cupboards.

HN and Bunnings quotes were for laminated benchtops, non glossy cupboards and were around $5000 more than CAA.

Back