kitchen doors and drawers

I was looking at replacing old kitchen ,just keeping stove and cook top.
The quote seemed too steep,$7,900 to rip out old and replace,only all laminex,its a smallish kitchen.

Looking for alternatives.Some of the doors are warped,so beyond just new handles.
The top isnt too bad, few chips in it.
Any ideas for just replacing doors and drawers?

Cheers :confused:

I got doors and drawer fronts cut from my measurements for a kitchen in a 2bdr property for around $550, white laminate 18mm thick i think. Holes cut for hinges, handles supplied edges all laminated. Was a cheap way to update an old brown kitchen.

I also had doors and drawer fronts supplied by laminex group, after I supplied them measurements, hinge holes also predrilled. Transformed the whole kitchen, think including new handles cost me $700. Dont have any pics before but here is how it looks now.

image4.jpg

The quote seemed too steep,$7,900 to rip out old and replace,only all laminex,its a smallish kitchen.
:

that price is very steep. i got a our kitchen done for $9100, we got polly doors, 40mm caesar stone bench tops, soft closing draws and doors.what the photos don't show is that i have frosted glass splash back on all walls and on the back of the island.. just look around asking people to beat your last price. photos are attached.

Looking for alternatives.Some of the doors are warped,so beyond just new handles.
The top isnt too bad, few chips in it.
Any ideas for just replacing doors and drawers?

you can get a kitchen guy to just change your doors and draws. they can also cover your benchtop with a 5mm stone top and make it look just like a proper stone benchtop.

Attachments

• 2011-12-07 21.43.38.jpg
    2011-12-07 21.43.38.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2011-12-15 06.23.12.jpg
    2011-12-15 06.23.12.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 2011-12-16 11.32.10.jpg
    2011-12-16 11.32.10.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 118
I was in Ikea on the weekend and notice that the square edge laminate -- not the continuously curved bullnose look -- is back in fashion and trendy. Some kitchens were even going to the "chunky" look.

Everything old will be new again.

Last edited:
thanks guys

I knew this guy was going to be too expensive.I could tell by his rah rah talk.
He took my measurements to a local cabinet maker.
I told him I know how to do that myself! I have built several new places in the past.

Rolled edges ,thats what he quoted for are out of fashion..square edges been in for awhile...its all square again,sinks,basins etc

I also had doors and drawer fronts supplied by laminex group, after I supplied them measurements, hinge holes also predrilled. Transformed the whole kitchen, think including new handles cost me $700. Dont have any pics before but here is how it looks now.

image4.jpg

Hi mate.

Do you have a link for that?

that price is very steep. i got a our kitchen done for $9100, we got polly doors, 40mm caesar stone bench tops, soft closing draws and doors.what the photos don't show is that i have frosted glass splash back on all walls and on the back of the island.. just look around asking people to beat your last price. photos are attached.

you can get a kitchen guy to just change your doors and draws. they can also cover your benchtop with a 5mm stone top and make it look just like a proper stone benchtop.

Did that 9100 include appliances? Can you share the details of your kitchen guy? PM would do too

Did that 9100 include appliances? Can you share the details of your kitchen guy? PM would do too

just sent you a PM i have also attached a photo with the splash back.

and No the appliances are not included in the price. they cost more than the kitchen. :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 82
It's funny that people have mentioned about styles changing; I too have noticed this. Thanks to all the comments on this thread; I'm thinking of doing a light cosmetic tart-up of my PPOR unit, and wanted to ask; has anyone had any positive/negative experience with tile-painting (for vertical wall tiles in kitchens?)

I've got great 'shape/style' tiles but they are hideously tinted and the grout between is gross. I'm thinking a few coats of tile paint and grout paint will bring it up nicely.

All depends on the size. you might be better off and cheaper just to tile straight over the tiles. The paint from bunnings is $46 for a 2 ltr tin plus you have to also buy the undercoat. Same size tin for around the same amount of money. Quite expensive I thought

Back