Kitchen sink drain

Good morning,

I am currently in the process of renovating a unit (will do another post on that when its done :)) and I am putting a new kitchen in. The old sink was very shallow and the drain outlet is quite high. I am concerned that there may not be enough room for the s bend work. The drain outlet is at a height approximately 620mm and the benches will be 900mm. Will this cause an issue. My thoughts are as long as the drain hole in the sink is higher than the drain outlet in the wall there should no issues.

I just wanted to see if any body had any thoughts or experience on this matter.

Cheers
Pat

I recently had this issue with a double bowl kitchen sink.
The plumber used two short traps witch overcame having to lower the outlet pipe.

Gerd

Good morning,

I am currently in the process of renovating a unit (will do another post on that when its done :)) and I am putting a new kitchen in. The old sink was very shallow and the drain outlet is quite high. I am concerned that there may not be enough room for the s bend work. The drain outlet is at a height approximately 620mm and the benches will be 900mm. Will this cause an issue. My thoughts are as long as the drain hole in the sink is higher than the drain outlet in the wall there should no issues.

Cheers
Pat

http://www.vinidex.com.au/files/VIN280_Elfin_Brochure_email.pdf

My thoughts are as long as the drain hole in the sink is higher than the drain outlet in the wall there should no issues.
You're right on there. Just did one, but still had to cut a new hole in the wall (weatherboard) as the levels were way out for me.:(

Good morning,

Cheers
Pat

the problem here is caused when upgrading a single bowl sink to a double bowl sink ,and the pipe through the wall is usually about 50mm too high so a low level s bend combination is required .but some times that still wont give you the height and the new vinidex elfin is the go

Back