Kiva - helping others via micro-credit

$50K in loans achieved! 2,000 loans in sight :)

Can you make the 2,000th loan by our team?

Based on current projections, and our progress has been pretty consistent, we should hit 2,500 loans by 31 Dec 12. Bravo!

SS Kiva Team have been busy giving today.... now only 7 more loans to reach Perp's goal of 2000.

Let's try and get there this week! C'mon, we can help make a difference! ;)

I just reloaned to 4 more people this morning- is that in the stats yet? Getting pretty close.
I worked out today that my original deposit has been recycled 5 times now!

Perp.. have a look at the screen shot. I gave three loans about six months back but nothing is counted to this team.

Attachments

• KivaSS.jpg
    KivaSS.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 70
Hi Perp. I wonder if you can tell if the two loans I made this morning show up in our figures. I will check next time but I didn't notice anything about our group when checking out (but I wasn't looking for it either - I assumed it would link up).

Hi Perp. I wonder if you can tell if the two loans I made this morning show up in our figures. I will check next time but I didn't notice anything about our group when checking out (but I wasn't looking for it either - I assumed it would link up).
Yes, they did, and thank you. :)

Just having a look and I am amazed that team somersoft has written loans to the tune of $56,925.

I have only added $350 to this amount so some of you must really be pumping in the money and recycling the loans.

Well done everybody.

Cheers

PS I was actually looking to source some loans for Bangladesh women after watching a documentary on child bride problems but it appears that Kiva has no presence.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015psyz

It shouldn't be as it's not a donation it's a loan

ok is it deductible as a business expense? Making loans is a legitimate business or if a business makes the loan using its business name e.g. MacDonalds - then can it not be tax deductible as an advertising expense?

ok is it deductible as a business expense? Making loans is a legitimate business or if a business makes the loan using its business name e.g. MacDonalds - then can it not be tax deductible as an advertising expense?

Doesn't sound like kiva is for you....

Rooster

Back