Kung Fu Panda - great movie

Thats good to hear, I'm taking my wife and kids tomorrow to see it. Booked online, selected seats and we're ready for the morning session.
Breakky, movie, lunch.. now thats the way to spend my Sundays :)

I just got back from watching Mongul, which was quite good too. The session of Kung Fu Panda was already sold out (not that I'd been intending to see it).

GP

at risk of putting a noose around my neck....

i don't like "fat kid" movies. Nutty Professor, Big momma, those "geek/jock" movies like 10 Things i Hate about you, anything with Jack Black, and now Kung Fu panda.

it just pokes fun at fat kids. laugh at their fat ar5e and the way they use their giant belly in self defence and how the fat kid adapted to something skinny people do. it's like a big long movie of "yo mammas so fat" jokes.

it's a marginalisation movie. i won't allow my kids to watch ANYTHING like that at all.

but that's my $0.022 incl GST so please don't slaughter me for it.

i don't like "fat kid" movies. Nutty Professor, Big momma, those "geek/jock" movies like 10 Things i Hate about you, anything with Jack Black, and now Kung Fu panda.

Not sure if you've seen it, but this is really not the spirit of the movie. I can't really recall any part of the movie in which there was any exclusion except for the fact that, well, not everyone has "awesome kung fu skills"....

I liked the movie, but my 4 year old daugher was a little bored towards the end, yet she's happy to watch some movies over and over again, so I guess thats a bit of a thumbs down. Definitely wasn't the best animation I've seen but it was humorous and had a good storyline.

Hi all,

Just took the billy lids to see Kung Fu Panda and I think I enjoyed it more than them.

Well worth a look.

I'm sorry but taste in movies is such a personal thing. Why would you presume that because you liked it, everyone else will? It seems like such an odd thing to do, especially on a forum where you don't really know anyone well enough to presume you know what kind of movies they like. I don't intend to have a go, just observing is all.

I'm sorry but taste in movies is such a personal thing. Why would you presume that because you liked it, everyone else will?

In all fairness to the poster, I read his post as an opinion, which is fair, right? He liked a movie and wanted to share it... it seems reasonable to me (especially when taking the family to the movies costs $50+ these days)

In all fairness to the poster, I read his post as an opinion, which is fair, right? He liked a movie and wanted to share it... it seems reasonable to me (especially when taking the family to the movies costs $50+ these days)
One possible solution:

Find a regional/smaller cinema (El Dorado in Brisbane for example). Normally in the vicinity of 50% or more off the ticket price and cosier and cleaner I have found, see if you can't combine with some coupons.

Go to Aldi or similar supermarket the day before and stock up on lollies to divvy up in paper bags for the kids, take water from home to drink.

We filled up a row with nieces and nephews recently and the price was very reasonable.

Best solution would be to find a country where you can buy a large popcorn and beer for a few bucks and movie tickets cost $5... Though the airfare to Asia or East europe will negatively compensate.. :)

I was just about to go on about this Political Correctness crap nowadays and then read

and decided not too.

lol i'm the LEAST PC person you'll ever meet.

i'm more worried about the psychology behind it all and the underlying message.

that said, i'm certainly not going to picket to stop people seeing it!

Find a regional/smaller cinema (El Dorado in Brisbane for example). Normally in the vicinity of 50% or more off the ticket price and cosier and cleaner I have found, see if you can't combine with some coupons.

Imax at Brisbane's Southbank is great ($7.90 for an adult). Gonna see the panda this Thursday (during school hours so I can avoid the noise).

Saw it last night and thought it was crap, like most American morality movies. These animated ones are getting a bit lame lately. Kids thought it was so so.

Back