Land value

Is there anyway to find out the land value of a property by looking it up online? If not how can I find out the land value of a property? Would local council tell me this if I phoned?

Tula, the value that you are looking for has very little to do with the market price of the land as it is used for calculating land tax and rates. If you have a land tax assessment the property number is on the invoice but you will need the correspondence number as well.

In Brisbane I know of some examples that are way out, eg 1200m2 block on dead end street with a boat ramp has a land value $100k+ lower than 405m2 block on a busy road. Same suburb, same zoning.

Yeah was thinking what relevance the LV has to the market price after posting that. LV is just to calculate your rates, right?

If you want know land value, research land that has recently sold in the area. In Wa your rates are calculated by rentable value of property, not land value like Qld.

If you want know land value, research land that has recently sold in the area. In Wa your rates are calculated by rentable value of property, not land value like Qld.
Yes, rates are based on GRV. What about land tax? I've only just started paying land tax in WA and have not looked at an assessment notice yet.

Back