Landlord Insurance Company recommendations

Hi guys,

Sick to death of my current insurance company hiking the prices on our landlords insurance premiums. Can anyone recommend a company that has competitive pricing, yet also provides comprehensive landlords cover? I.e House + minimal contents (enough to cover floor coverings/curtains etc) + loss of rent?

Cheers

EBM Rentcover
But wasn't it decided that they to do not cover damage to the premises unless its walls and doors kicked in?
They wont cover piles of rubbish, filthy to the point of needing replacement carpet etc etc as this is deemed fair wear and tear or untidy tenants?

But wasn't it decided that they to do not cover damage to the premises unless its walls and doors kicked in?
They wont cover piles of rubbish, filthy to the point of needing replacement carpet etc etc as this is deemed fair wear and tear or untidy tenants?

In my case it was Terri Scheer that had that policy, I am moving away from them to EBM

On top of EBM Rentcover, do you get building insurance as well?

I'm with Allianz landlord insurance.

RentCover has a number of products for permanent rentals.

RentCoverUltra - cover against tenant-related issues as well as $50,000 landlords contents against defined risks (fire, storm etc.) and $30 million liability

RentCoverPlatinum - same as RentCoverUltra but also defined risks building insurance up to your nominated sum insured

Building & Contents only - defined risks cover for building & contents without cover for tenant-related issues

Hi BrettC

I have a policy with EBM insurance on my investment property which has about 6 months to run. I have recently sold said investment property - is it possible to get a refund from cancelling the policy as I no longer need it?

Cheers

Hi BrettC

I have a policy with EBM insurance on my investment property which has about 6 months to run. I have recently sold said investment property - is it possible to get a refund from cancelling the policy as I no longer need it?

Cheers

Yes you can cancel any time, there is an up to $33 admin fee, you should get a pro-rate refund

Back