$20,000 accidental damage and landlord's contents
$20,000 malicious damage by tenants
$5,000 theft
$15,000 or up to 15 weeks tenant rent default
52 weeks loss of rent if building uninhabitable
$20,000,000 legal liability
$150 excess for all claims

Not bad!

What type of residential IP are you insuring eg. 1 bedroom studio, 2 bedroom unit etc?

Sheryn

Landlord or Content

HI All,

I paid the 10% for my 2nd IP ( House-35yrs old) and waiting to settle this on 1st of October. So do i have to get the landlord insurance or content insurance now?

Can i get the Insurence if i managed the property?

Cosy

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm trying to sort out the insurance for my newly purchased IP. I'm incredibly confused with it all, and wanted some opinions...

I think I'll be going with Terri Scheer for the landlords insurance, but I still need to get building insurance. I got a quote off Terri Scheer, but it seemed really high compared to others.

Does anyone have any recommendations for just building insurance? I don't need contents insurance do I (the LL insurance seems to cover carpet, blinds, air con etc, which is all that I will have in the house)? Are there likely to be issues with the fact that the building insurance and the LL insurance being with different companies?

I just got a policy yesterday for latest Bris purchase of 815k from Ray White/Allianz.
Landlords and building insurance combined was only $280 from memory.
Could prob go Allianz direct to compare, but for that price, didn't bother.
Note - only covered the building for 80k, this would be why the policy is cheap.
Worth a phone call for a quote though.

Back