Landscape architect wanted

Hi guys,

Does anybody have a contact for a landscape architect in Sutherland Council/South Sydney area?

Finally got some plans for a duplex going and need to take the next step.

Thanks

Spider

there doesn't seem to be many around nowadays - i had trouble finding one in newcastle for my development and ended up having to ring around the plant nurseries to see if they could recommend anyone as all those listed in the yellow pages no longer did the work.

council may have a recommended list.

Hi Spider,

I am a landscaper and I draw my own dual occ plans though I am not a landscape architect. Our council doesn't require a qualified landscape architect but it needs to be someone in the horticulture / landscape trade. I just blow up the site plan and hand draw in the garden / paved areas close to scale as I can. The inspectors don't seem to care too much about how accurately the plan is followed as long as it looks finished and presentable.

Hi Spider

Our builder drew up the duplex landscape plan with his software and submited to local council with DA plans, whoever drew up your plans should be able to do it for a minimal charge.

Regards
Sheryn

Thanks for the replies.

So it seems like it is not such a highly detailed design/technical process?
All I want is a simple layout, as plain as possible.
A project home builder is doing the plans, but they asked me to source my own designer to do the landscape plan.
The builder said they will provide the plans and levels/surveys, etc to make it easy for the landscape designer to fill it in.

So who do I actually need to contact to do this job for me?

Thanks for help.

Spider

Hey Spider you could just put turf everywhere! :D

Sorry. Have you checked out the yellow pages or the local rag? Maybe you need to make a few calls if you can't get a recommendation. Try a local landscaper or horticulturalist. You could also check out the local Hort. Tafe College for a recommendation. They would be teaching courses in landscape design. Get on the blower and see who you can source.

Good luck with the project.

Ian :)

check with council what they actually want first. ours had to be plans drawn by a qualified landscape designer - and there needed to be a certain percentage of native trees and plants etc ...

Back