Lane Cove

Located below street level on a corner block.

There's been a few sales along Epping Rd about 2 yrs back and one just before Xmas thru Forsyth and a failed sales campaign for no. 35 on the same side of the road.

Position isn't too bad but In a gully. North to rear block. This stretch of Epping Rd is quieter since they put in the road lane restrictions (bus lanes and one traffic lane).

I would be expecting over $1m as land value alone regardless of the condition of the house.

Holgates doesn't seem to sell many houses on that side as they hit the unit market quite hard.

It's not an ideal position but they'd be basing the price guide on the sale of no. 19 that sold 12 mths ago for $905K. Smaller block two doors down, but higher set house and may have been better condition internally. Best of luck if you do bid- would be very interested to see what it fetches in this market, even in that position. Wear earplugs to bed each night is all I'd say :eek:

you can even get cheap houses in pymble , if you want to live on Ryde rd ...

Ear Plugs + acoustic gyprock + recording studio style insulation and thick hedges in the garden , but they won't do much to stop the low pitch rumble of the trucks going by ...

Cliff

If the house is below street level then it would not be that noisy. Noise travels up.

Personally, Epping rd (that particular location) is much better than Mowbray rd.

Put a granny flat at the back. Location is great, very convenient.

Has anyone seen a house in between 2 recently built humongous apartment blocks? One house! This house has over 100 new neighbours.
I couldn't believe how lane cove council would allow that house to exist or approved the development of those blocks.

There have been soooooo much development around that area. The council plans to put over 3000 apartments in that area without considering how bad traffic would be. It's already bad. Emergency vehicles would have lots of problems getting through. And these apartments blocks are poorly built.
Pure greed..greedy developers. Will not be surprised if one of them collapsed.
That area is vey hilly, small roads....recipe for disaster.

1234 - the poor outcomes are due mostly because of a bad planning regime forced on many north shore councils to increase densities by the previous state government. There's no similar push on densities in LGAs like Bankstown, Ashfield or Canterbury which are all in close proximity to heavy rail (which Lane Cove lacks).

The rules dictate what can be developed.

Mowbray Rd isn't as heavily impacted by traffic until you approach Ralston St through to the highway even though it is only two lanes. Whereas Epping Rd is generally bus plus one lane each way but subject to heavy vehicles.

1234 - the poor outcomes are due mostly because of a bad planning regime forced on many north shore councils to increase densities by the previous state government. There's no similar push on densities in LGAs like Bankstown, Ashfield or Canterbury which are all in close proximity to heavy rail (which Lane Cove lacks).
I'm not too sure about that. I believe all councils were asked to increase their share. Just that many councils have the 'but not me' attitude.

I'm not too sure about that. I believe all councils were asked to increase their share. Just that many councils have the 'but not me' attitude.

Just a pot shot at Punchbowl, Wiley Park etc where there's been no mass rezonings or development within 1km of the stations.

Some suburbs like Haberfield are off limits to units but Dulwich Hill and Canterbury certainly aren't.

The upper NS has been decimated as well as having had its planning powers stripped for several years (granted that Kurringai was a basket case) but Lane Cove, Willoughby & Hornsby aren't).

Most of the roads in lane cove are not wide enough to accommodate heavy traffics. My major concerns are the emergency vehicles, ambulance and fire trucks access. 2years ago there was a smallish bush fire along the creek on top of Epping rd. At the same time there was bigger bush fire on lane cove national park. Both fires were started deliberately. The firemen were too busy to attend the small bush fire so local people had to handle the fire with their small garden hoses. The fire was very closed, next to a house. And only the house owners that were busy putting out fire. The renters....just stand and watch.

Now, that area is zoned for multiple density. There are hundreds of new apartments popping up near that creek. If there is another similar incidents, how could fire trucks get access to put out the fire? The roads are not wide enough to evacuate people and get fire trucks to come near.

And .....meriton is building a mega block on ex caltex/macdonnalds site on Epping road, across the road from that bush fire site.

And if you visit lane cove shopping plaza, you would find lots of businesses closed down. Lots of commercial props are for lease. It's not a buzzing place full of activities. The local swimming pool is a disgrace, you can see cockroaches hiding behind the hooks. Rust is everywhere. And it's not even 10 years old.

There are lots of renters inlane cove and they just don't care in making it a liveable place.

Located below street level on a corner block.

There's been a few sales along Epping Rd about 2 yrs back and one just before Xmas thru Forsyth and a failed sales campaign for no. 35 on the same side of the road.

Position isn't too bad but In a gully. North to rear block. This stretch of Epping Rd is quieter since they put in the road lane restrictions (bus lanes and one traffic lane).

I would be expecting over $1m as land value alone regardless of the condition of the house.

Holgates doesn't seem to sell many houses on that side as they hit the unit market quite hard.

Just lifted the sold advert from the web:

http://www.domain.com.au/property/for-sale/house/nsw/lane-cove/?adid=2010987258

Sold 14/3/14 @ $1,050,000

Attachments

• 15 epping rd.PNG
    15 epping rd.PNG
    670.5 KB · Views: 81
The upper NS has been decimated as well as having had its planning powers stripped for several years (granted that Kurringai was a basket case) .

I'm curious re your comment upper north shore .... Decimated ?

Ok there are lots of units along pacific hwy , but the reality is if your going to put units any where they have put them on the north shore makes a lot of sense .

Waitara has extended the existing unit precinct around Hornsby.

You have a strip along the hwy and around most of the railway stations you have a cluster of units .

Councils got their planing control back when o'farrell got in and that was the same everywhere in NSW . One of his main promises and he delivered that , esp in his local electorate .

I don't here too many complaints from the locals , rather the opposite . Now you can downsize in your community and also , when you get divorced after the kids finish school , you have enough to buy a unit :cool::eek:

Cliff

Councils got their planing control back when o'farrell got in and that was the same everywhere in NSW . One of his main promises and he delivered that , esp in his local electorate .
Cliff

Not true. The Liberal Government was voted in on a platform of community agreed planning laws.

Only this week the Planning Minister Brad Hazzard announced the Epping and Lidcombe developments both of which the local community do not want.

Was talking with a developer putting in 291 units in Centennial ave. It's allot of units in that site, which will over look and shadow surrounding houses. The hole in the ground isn't far off china!

I distinctly remember looking at a 2br brick veneer house on Lane Cove Rd, Ryde around late 2011 which was listed for around $550k. The inside wasn't as nice as this one and needed work. I was concerned over it being on a main road and not being able to rent or resell it easily, but recognised that the land value was probably at least $450k and it therefore seemed like a good price. Unfortunately, I had just picked up an apartment in Lane Cove a month earlier for about $450k and didn't have the equity to buy it. I wonder how much that property is worth now, probably $850k? The apartment I bought is NOWHERE near that. Even if I couldn't rent out the main road house for the last 3 years, the extra equity would have more than made up for it.

Reinforces what everyone already knows ... pick land over airspace.

Back