Laundry cupboard design

Do any of you have experience with laundry cupboards? My architect has designed one into our next build and it seems a bit tight. 1250mm wide x 700mmdeep internal dimensions. Any thoughts?

Queen of laundry cupboards here.

What is the layout that is planned in that space? If it's just a trough and washing machine that is plenty of space.

This is my favourite

69c794482bc00d9bb9d48adc78703d9a.jpg

Ah the Queen is so neat and tidy. :D

Lovely presentation indeed. I think you've just converted me to a front loader!

What happens if it is to be a rental or up for sale? Do you think one should expect every potential buyer or renter to have a front loader? This is a bit of a dilemma for me whether to just put in a laundry tub and leave a space for a top loader or make something according to the queens high standard. :(:D

I think the space would work. I personally don't like dryers in a house and know others who don't and either ditch completely or put dryer in the garage. Possibly tenants/purchasers could do same if they can't part with top loader?! My mum is the only person I know who wouldn't part with her top loader. I think majority of population would be happy with front loader.

Ah the Queen is so neat and tidy. :D

Lovely presentation indeed. I think you've just converted me to a front loader!

What happens if it is to be a rental or up for sale? Do you think one should expect every potential buyer or renter to have a front loader? This is a bit of a dilemma for me whether to just put in a laundry tub and leave a space for a top loader or make something according to the queens high standard. :(:D

You can put a top loader in this but then you'd take out top 2 shelves to leave space if they want to wall mount a dryer.

IKEA must have some amazing designers working for them because I'm blown away, every time I go there, at their economical use of space.

Not to mention the Swedish meatballs.

I just did one that was ~1050 x 700. Used an Ikea bench and inset the smallest square sink available (Ikea Fyndig 450mm).

Front loader slots in underneath, under the sink is 2 shelves.

Above, 2 open cupboards with shelves, can remove one if a tenant/buyer wants to put in a wall-hung dryer.

I figure if someone wants to move in, they buy a front loader.

I have my whole laundry under a vanity type worktop with a tall broom/mop cupboard at one end. The whole wall is covered in mirror with a 450 round and deep ss bowl with very fancy high tap next to the cupboard and a products cupboard under that part of the vanity. Looks absolutely great and no-one realises it is there. The two under cupboard doors open out and slide beside the dryer and frontloader

This is my laundry - it is roughly 1450mm wide x 880 deep. Our washing machine is the biggest you can buy. There is wriggle room of about 15cm on the front and side around the machine.

We haven't got shelves, but it is something I plan on doing. Shelves above the washing machine may not be as practical - definitely wouldn't be able to reach or see anything at the back of the shelf.

Attachments

• Laundry 1.JPG
    Laundry 1.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 192
  • laundry 2.JPG
    laundry 2.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 175
Very nice Westminster. Do you know the width measurement. Our laundry, well our whole house needs a Reno.
Do you have any ideas for small walk in robes 1.8x1.8?

Very nice Westminster. Do you know the width measurement. Our laundry, well our whole house needs a Reno.
Do you have any ideas for small walk in robes 1.8x1.8?

I'd say it's 1200 or 1400mm x 700mm

My other favourite laundry is this - but it doesn't comply with Australian Building Codes or Health Codes which state you must have a 36ltr minimum washing basing/trough.

90e19b555c9acb55b09d6073bb47977f.jpg

I'm trying to solve a bathroom/laundry at the moment- its a 1.8x2.4m space that I want a shower, sink, toilet & washing machine/sink in.

The room abuts a staircase, so the end wall (1.8m) will have space for the washing machine and sink under the stairs (outside the above measurement but accessed from it).

My other favourite laundry is this - but it doesn't comply with Australian Building Codes or Health Codes which state you must have a 36ltr minimum washing basing/trough.

That's a lovely design too. I am also considering a laundry cupboard. I didn't realise that the codes state you need a washing basin as I have seen so many without !?

Nice, I like the simplicity. Can't you add a washing basin/trough on either side and change either washing machine or the dryer into a washer/dryer?

Another nice looking laundry.

At an open home last weekend they had the Euro laundry idea in a bathroom what shocked me was the garage type roller door to conceal it.

Where do people put their dirty washing then? Where do the dirty washing baskets go? Or do clothes stay on bedroom floors until the WM is free?

That's a lovely design too. I am also considering a laundry cupboard. I didn't realise that the codes state you need a washing basin as I have seen so many without !?

Me neither until some of the Councils here started being tough about it. If yiu can get away without it then I would as its a lot easier.

Nice, I like the simplicity. Can't you add a washing basin/trough on either side and change either washing machine or the dryer into a washer/dryer?

Sure you could.

Another nice looking laundry.

At an open home last weekend they had the Euro laundry idea in a bathroom what shocked me was the garage type roller door to conceal it.

Where do people put their dirty washing then? Where do the dirty washing baskets go? Or do clothes stay on bedroom floors until the WM is free?

Ewww roller door? That's not very stylish!

My dirty washing hamper is in my bedroom, some people have it in their bathroom - not many I have seen are actually in the laundry.

Back