Lawyer Conveyancer for NSW

I'm in the market for a conveyancer and would prefer to use a Lawyer Conveyancer over a Licensed Conveyancer. My BA has reccomended his conveyancer, she seems very qualified but would prefer to do my own DD and check the prices on others anyone here could reccomend for the greater NSW area or specifically central coast NSW area.

Cheers

or if you cant reccomend one but can shed light on an interesting article located here describing the differences between conveyancers and lawyers. The decision isnt as black and white as this lawyer would have you think. For eg the licenced conveyancer i have been reffered to has a fixed fee $1600 for services and disbursements, and judging by her quals she prbably deserves it. But am i better going off with someone who is qualified to give me legal advice and legal representation if the need arises.

Its an interesting article but im in the dark as this is my first aquisition so any help would be great. What is the going rate for a standard resedential property purchase, as i dont want to employ a cut-price lawyer firm with too many clients and no customer care just the same as i dont want to employ an over priced under qualified conveyancer...

My BA has reccomended his conveyancer, she seems very qualified but would prefer to do my own DD and check the prices on others anyone here could reccomend for the greater NSW area or specifically central coast NSW area. Cheers

For the NSW Central Coast,
If you want a solicitor:
GMS Legal
Geoffrey Morgan-Smith
Ms Sharmaine Connor (Paralegal / Personal Conveyancer)
38 Canton Beach Rd
(P.O. Box 270)
Toukley NSW 2263
P: 02 4397 2233
F: 02 4397 2555
E: [email protected]
W: www.gmslegal.com.au

If you want a conveyancer:
East Coast Conveyancing
Lyn Sutton (Manager)
284 Main Road
Toukley NSW 2263
P: 02 4397 1788

But really asking on a public forum is hardly doing your own DD. I don't see why you would not take the recommendation of your BA - you are trusting them for everything else, why not this? :confused:

thanks propertunity, i do trust my BA's recommendation and how would you do your dd if not asking for recommendations. You raise a good point though. I think i have trust issues :)

Back