Leaking bathroom

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has done any repairs on leaking bathroom.
Property has water leaking in the bathroom. Looks like the membrane has gone and the water is pouring out of the shower onto the joist.

The quotation I have been getting just to fix the shower area is around $2700. THis include removing of tiles, doing the membrane again, retiling the shower area.

If anyone knows a tiler or used one before can you please pm me. The property is located in "The Entrance".

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Property has water leaking in the bathroom. Looks like the membrane has gone and the water is pouring out of the shower onto the joist.

The quotation I have been getting just to fix the shower area is around $2700. THis include removing of tiles, doing the membrane again, retiling the shower area.

If anyone knows a tiler or used one before can you please pm me. The property is located in "The Entrance".

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I can't help as am located in Melbourne but have got a similar issue. My quote was around $2k.

I am also interested in this as I have the same problem at a Newcastle property. Deciding whether to redo whole bathroom or just repair.

hi,

You may be able to avoid problem with Megaseal.

or

try this

http://www.notilesremoved.com.au/?gclid=CKia-9DBo7gCFaw8pgodGm0A-A

you can buy a product call "shower Plug" from burnings.. will cost around $44 for a can.

Step 1: apply silicon around edges and corners and around both side of shower screen
Step 2: Don't use bathroom for 2 days let it dry
Step 3: Apply one coat of "shower plug" ... wait for 5 min "apply another coat"
Step 4: after 12 hours, you should be able to use bathroom and have no leakage (hopefully!)

I am not licensed plumber or tiler but i did this for my property and it stopped leakage completely (As product comes with 10 years warranty).

I am going to do the same thing for any old property that i buy (regardless it is leaking or not) for sake of $44 and cost of paint brush.. it is worth doing it.

step 4:

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Hi - have you considered looking into your insurance policy to see if any damage would be covered? They will be very interested in the cause of the leak and better if you can get this confirmed by a qualified plumber.

We had a cheap tiler for a newcastle reno and he came up from the coast near there. His name was Dean, number 0481 128 208 (tell him the french granny flat people sent you :) )

Back