'Lessons of 2011'

From the Economist, a relatively general 'best and worst' in economics, business and finance in 2011, and ahead to 2012. It's an audio only, and around 16 minutes-ish.

Lessons of 2011

For me personally, it's been a fascinating year, if I had to pick one word for the year, (describing it), it would be, 'change'. Although I guess 'history repeats itself' would not be too far off the mark also.

For me personally, it's been a fascinating year, if I had to pick one word for the year, (describing it), it would be, 'change'. Although I guess 'history repeats itself' would not be too far off the mark also.

Will have a listen later - thanks OO.

For me personally? It's been a year of information gathering, research and marking time. A frustrating year really. Anticipating 2012 will be the personal year of dynamic change and achievement.

Good listen ... would've liked more detail, but then it wouldn't be 16 minutes!

Actually for that detail Lizzie I have set up my twitter and facebook accounts to suscribe, I have articles from media/writers of interest to me, come through my twitter and facebook, using them as information/news feed.

Eg the 'Economist', 'Reason', 'The Drum'...virtually most publications have subscribe feed now, political, global society, charity organisations, science, psychology, current affairs, finance, economic articles...
can all be brought into one place to read that what interests you first thing, say over my breakkie.

Is fantastic.

I realise an individual can subscribe to thread posts for Somersoft, but I wonder if there is some way to collectively subscribe to SS via my twitter account or facebook for that matter..just brainstorming...

The forums are running on the vBulletin software according to the footer.

There is a generic Android app, which should work, but I don't currently have a suitable device to test it on.

Version 4 of the software offers a Facebook connect service. Somersoft is running on v. 3.8.7, so I don't know if that's supported, nor do I know if there are any plans to upgrade.

Lessons for 2011: having CF+ IPs and a job is gold. 2011 was a tough year for me hopefully 2012 is a better year CG wise, coz I want to chuck in the job for a couple months

I just bookmark Somersoft and log in via the phone's internet capability if siting somewhere and needing to pass the time... after freeing some more angrybirds of course ;)

I want one.... but then I don't

(smart phones that it is - how the hell did we not die of boredom for so mnay yeaars without having to kill time on the internet :confused:

My past year of investing has been the worst I've personally experienced.
I knew it would happen at some stage (and will again) but I had no idea when.
My profits are down and I have actually lost money this year.. But know I will make up for it in time to come.

We did however manage to purchase our dream home for now, which is 100% worth it.

My past year of investing has been the worst I've personally experienced.

Same here. The only things that saved me were CF+ IPs and a relatively stable job. It was hard though working for the man and seeing your investments go no where, did my head in but I got through it. Bring on the year of the dragon!...

2011 has taught me, more than ever, to listen to my instincts and understanding, to trust in my reasoning and ignore anyone that disagrees without due cause.

and that's a very liberating feeling.

Back