Liberals to Win

Would have liked to have provided a link to the item I heard on ABC news radio I heard this afternoon but couldn't find it , but it seems that if you want to know who's going to win the election , you shouldn't listen to the polls ....

This particular source has picked the last 6 election winners and at the last election they picked the winner in 43 of 47 marginal seats :eek:

This time they're predicting the Liberals to win , in fact if you place a $1 bet with them, you'll get $3 if Labour wins , but only $1.30 if John Howard gets up

In a two horse race which the polls are saying is too close to call , the bookies ( and the punters ) have a clear favourite.

See Change

Well the bookies have a lot more at stake than journos.

If the bookies get it wrong they lose money.

If journos get it wrong, everyone has forgotten within a few weeks.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Aceyducey said:
Well the bookies have a lot more at stake than journos.

If the bookies get it wrong they lose money.

If journos get it wrong, everyone has forgotten within a few weeks.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

The journos just cut and past and run with the B story. The fin review is a classic for doing this :)

Latest up date on the bookies

Lathams odds are blowing out , now paying $3.30 , and LIbs shortened slightly ? $ 1.28 ( can't remember exact figure )

See Change

Easy way to make a quick buck, eh?

Maybe it's worthwhile waiting until the day before the election and dumping it all on the favourite. A lot could change between now and then.

Hi all,

Just remember the all knowing bookies closed the betting on the date of the election because of the flood of money for the 18th September.

bye

Interesting, I didn't know one can bet on elections outcomes :rolleyes:
On the same topic, who thinks another Liberal win will be good for business and who thinks it will not, and we need Major L.

For the records, I have no idea who to vote. Liberal :eek: , Labor :rolleyes: , Greens :mad: , Democrats :confused: , Pauleen :p , err, who is left...comunist party :cool: ???????

marc1 said:
On the same topic, who thinks another Liberal win will be good for business and who thinks it will not, and we need Major L.

For the records, I have no idea who to vote. Liberal :eek: , Labor :rolleyes: , Greens :mad: , Democrats :confused: , Pauleen :p , err, who is left...comunist party :cool: ???????

LoL if you have ever owned a small business it is a no brainer. (remembers back to Keating :mad: )

I also wonder if all the ppl that vote greens actually know whats in the Greens full policy (besides the save the trees ideal and a protest type of vote)

What should they call the "coalition" of labor, greens, democrats if the liberals and nationals are the "coalition"??

superted said:
What should they call the "coalition" of labor, greens, democrats if the liberals and nationals are the "coalition"??

I think you've answered your own question there ted :
What should they call the coalition of labour, greens and democrats ?
The demolition :D

I'll be talking up the good work of Latham myself (erm...Rolf that is :D)

marc1 said:

Yep, you can just about bet on anything these days : from the Nobel Peace prize winner, to the European Handball championships, to the cockroach fight at the back of your pantry :)

http://www.centrebet.com.au

Personally, I find that choosing winners is harder to pick than a broken nose, so our flutters are few and far between.
Still, it makes you wonder : in this day and age, what will they bet on next ?

The big growth is in peer to peer betting.....where software matches people who want to bet each way......of course the big betting agencies here in Australia are trying to keep control, but they will lose...

Then you will be able to literally bet on anything that someone else is prepared to bet against you on :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

What I find interesting is how the odds for some of these contests are determined, especially when there is little or no history to go on.
e.g Australian Idol :confused:

Tandella said:
What I find interesting is how the odds for some of these contests are determined, especially when there is little or no history to go on.
e.g Australian Idol :confused:

The odds on Idol would be determined by how much money is beeing placed on each contestant

Though being an Idol junkie how the F..... Ricki Lee is Favourite is beyond me :eek: :eek: Someone is obviously betting with their eyes rather than their ears.

Go Courtney :cool:

See Change

Libs to win?

I dont know, like all betting a "dark horse" can come along or in footy a injury to a key player. So what could it be?....

Potentially something devasting can happen, ala "Tampa"
that can change a lot in a short time.

But at this stage the Gov is so good at control.

Example:

43 eminent experts in Defense write a open critical letter and it washes over. :confused:

A Christian fundamentalist pollie is found to be sleeping around and who cares? :eek:

Libs spending money like water on pork-barrellling whilst saying labour cannot manage chook raffle and hardly anyone sees the hypocrisy. :eek:

I can only see two things to upset?...

A terrorist attack in Oz that links to Iraq. Polls show the Gov is totally on the nose here and no-one believes what they say.

A protest vote to Labour or Greens etc. over not so honest Johnnie turning the tide. It happened in Victoria to Kennet. Every loves his economic but hated his arrogance. A few to many gave him a kick and wolah!

Steve Bracks.

Hope I am wrong on the first one, Peter 147

forrestd said:
media love the 50/50 crap - otherwise there's nothing to get excited about, it sells newspapers.

Good Point :D

Further on the accuracy , again from the radio re overall results.

Apparently since they started betting on elections , there has only been one time that the bookies got the overall result wrong , and that was when Jeff Kennett got the boot..

So from that point of view I suppose it gives a glimmer of hope for any diehard Labor supporters whio might still be out there :eek: :eek: :eek:

See Change

Back