Little kitchen reno

We are cleaning up our PPOR prior to selling and are way behind schedule. Our kitchen is a small kitchen even though the house is a 5 bedroom.

The kitchen was in good condition but upright stove needs to be modernised & I wanted to change the upright dishwasher to a one drawer dishwasher with a drawer underneath & put a cupboard over the fridge to increase storage.

Kitchen replacement/reno quote is $4600. Benchtop will also be replaced. I did get quotes for higher quality finish - but after discussing with REA have gone with laminex.

I engaged an Interior designer to look at our property from front kerb to back yard to give us ideas & options to maximise value. Hubby will only do what he wants to do. :rolleyes:

Before pictures attached.

Regards
Sheryn

Attachments

• Reno & car accident 001.jpg
    Reno & car accident 001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Reno & car accident 002.jpg
    Reno & car accident 002.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Reno & car accident 004.jpg
    Reno & car accident 004.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 127
Our cornice in the kitchen is patterned and 14 years old so we had to be careful when it was removed, hubby wouldn't let the kitchen guys remove it, he did it himself.

Kitchen with cupboard doors removed. :p

We have purchased new cooktop, under bench stove, exhaust fan & one drawer dishwasher. New sink & flickmixer should be ready for pick up tomorrow.

Cheers
Sheryn

Attachments

• Reno & car accident 008.jpg
    Reno & car accident 008.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Reno & car accident 009.jpg
    Reno & car accident 009.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Reno & car accident 010.jpg
    Reno & car accident 010.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 99
Just quietly, by the look of the photos the kitchen (IMO) didn't need replacement..

I was thinking the same thing. Then again, I didn't think the one that you were looking at a couple of months ago needed replacing either, so I guess my standards are even lower than yours. :p

I was thinking the same thing. Then again, I didn't think the one that you were looking at a couple of months ago needed replacing either, so I guess my standards are even lower than yours. :p

Haha, I think the photos on the one I was looking at did it a lot of justice, so maybe this one is similar..

Half way

A am a bit slow updating thread....

The kitchen alteration and cupboard doors have been installed, the kitchen drawers were made too deep so had to be remade. Hubby needs to install dishwasher and help electrician with under bench stove and ceramic cooktop.

We also were very slow at selecting handles (no car).

cheers
Sheryn

Attachments

• 15 12 2010 004.jpg
    15 12 2010 004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 15 12 2010 005.jpg
    15 12 2010 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 15 12 2010 006.jpg
    15 12 2010 006.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 77
Sorry, but I have to ask, why put a one draw dishwasher in a 5brm house, instead of a normal full sized one?? Also the fridge alcove looks quite limiting.

I would have been tempted to enclose the doorway to the dining area (make that a study knook) and wrap the kitchen all the way around, making it more fitting for the number of bedrooms.....The finish product looks nice, but I cant say I'd be impressed with the size of the kitchen compared to the size of the rest of the house.

I would have been tempted to enclose the doorway to the dining area (make that a study knook) and wrap the kitchen all the way around, making it more fitting for the number of bedrooms.....The finish product looks nice, but I cant say I'd be impressed with the size of the kitchen compared to the size of the rest of the house.

I explored lots of options before doing what I did. Bottom line the kitchen is small and hubby did not want to do much work at all himself although quite capable.

As for the one drawer dishwasher - I wanted the new additional kitchen drawer under the dishwasher more than a new full dishwasher.

Regards
Sheryn

Back