Logan: Getting a bit too hot?

I don't think Dbz_Vic was comparing suburb to suburb. Only the 'ugly duckling' concept.

Well that's fair enough

But what's going to make Woodridge not an ugly duckling? Every city needs them

About the only thing I could think of is population - Brisbane isn't at that stage

There are suburbs in melbourne (which has a lot larger population) that are about 20km that are still ugly ducklings

And before people chip in with Mt Druitt - that was because people had no other affordable , commutable to work/city alternative
Brisbane still has plenty

My thoughts exactly. I don't doubt the Logan City area's (much longer!) Long term potential (as in, b & h investors who are willing to hold for 15-20 years minimum), but I can't see the area lifting significantly any time soon.

Noticed my post here is after a 3 month lull in this thread. Anyone got any significant CG updates or any other anecdotes since then?

Queensland population is growing by 2k per quarter compared with NSW & VIC which are at 1000 per quarter....as per a talk by CoreLigic expert Cameron Kusher..that says something. ..

Something does not make sense....did you mean per week instead of per qtr?

I believe NSW is growing 1000 per week...Vic by 1500 per week..not sure abour Qld...

Queensland population is growing by 2k per quarter compared with NSW & VIC which are at 1000 per quarter....as per a talk by CoreLigic expert Cameron Kusher..that says something. ..

A few years ago the Queensland population was growing quicker, but that is definitely not the case now. About 3 years ago NSW, Victoria and Queensland were all growing at annualised rates around 90,000 people per year. Since then, both NSW and Victoria's growth rates have passed 100,000 while Queensland has dropped back towards 75,000 per year. No prizes for guessing why.

Browns Plains is a lower socio economic type suburb

Drewvale is not although it is next to Browns Plain

It is common in Brisbane to have a nice suburb next to a lower socio economic type area

Drewvale, Parkinson, Calamvale, Stretton and algester are near Browns Plains/Acacia Ridge/Inala and logan

Sunnybank Hills - different areas such as around the Avenue side of Hellawell Road compare that to the side across the road and on in and around Jackson Road

The people who bought in Browns Plains in 2011/12 would have made some nice gains

Something does not make sense....did you mean per week instead of per qtr?

I believe NSW is growing 1000 per week...Vic by 1500 per week..not sure abour Qld...

The guy said 1000 p.q. unless I heard it wrong which I may have...

C'est nest possible pas?

A 1000pq.....even Canberra gets more.

We get 300,000 immmigrants...if only 4000 pa went into Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne...where would the other 288,000 go? :D

The guy said 1000 p.q. unless I heard it wrong which I may have...

Back