Looking for an IP in Brisbane

Gday,

In the market at the moment to purchase my first IP. Have been looking around Perth for a while now, but there is still alot of steam in the market, and i think it needs a while to cool off, before im ready to look at Perth again.

As a result, a few real estate agents over here have suggested that i turn my attention to Brisbane as they are under the impression that the property market is to take off in a similar fashion to whats happened in Perth.

Firstly, i always take a real estate agents comments with a pinch of salt, however i thought it would be worth investigating to see whether this might actually be the case.

Secondly, assuming Brisbane is the place to buy at the moment, being from Perth, i havent got a clue where i should be looking for an IP.

Im looking for some info from locals or folks with IP's in Brisbane that might be able to share their insight into the Brisbane property market, and make some suggestions as to which suburbs or areas might be suitable to look at when buying an IP.

Cheers

Seriously doubt you'll see 40% increases anywhere, but Brisbane isn't a bad place to go.

What sort of property are you looking for? Distance to city? Price range? New or old? Land for redevelopment or new properties that you can buy and forget?
Alex

Southside well located for easy access onto the Pacific between the Brisbane CBD heading towards the Gold Coast.

Thanks for the replies guys.

At the moment, im looking at properties in and around $320k-$350k but im able to go up to $380k if i need to.

As far as location goes, im looking for a property not more than 10km radius from CBD. In regards to the type of property, not too fussed as long as its not an apartment in a high rise building. Preference is to have a property with some land under it, something like a duplex would be perfect. Im not really interested in the 'Queenslander' style house.

I had a look at Mt Gravatt, Wishart Eight Miles Plains on the map, and there probably a little further out than i would have liked, however if the economics of buying an IP out there was better than buying close to the city, then id gladly look at it.

One of the agents from over here suggested Morningside or Bulimba. Any thoughts on those area?

Cheers

Grrrrrrrrr Location correction

Think Rixter probably means around Beenleigh. Logan is way out west isn't it?

Could you give us an idea of price range?

Frank,
Logan is south of Brisbane. West you will find Jindalee, Kenmore, Fig Tree Pocket, Ipswich and many more suburbs ranging in price from lower to higher end of market.

Cheers,
AnneDe

Forget Bulimba for that price range, and probably forget Morningside as well. You could probably get something at Carina, possibly Cannon Hill although you need to pick your areas with care.

Wylie

you can still buy a decent house in morningside or camp hill within that price range
when i was looking for a house i saw couple nice ones within 320- 350 range

I'd suggest do your due diligence. Note that what drove Brissy a couple of years ago was migration from us disillusioned NSW folks. That rate has now slowed remarkably. In saying that, median house prices is still the lowest amongst all capital cities (sorry Adelaide and Hobart) and I'd say where you can buy IPs for under $300k < 10km from CBD, must be a good buy in 10 years time.

What about areas like Redcliffe and Cabouture? I was told that these areas have nice potential. I am thinking on building a duo oc on a vacant block.

Redcliffe should do ok over the long term I feel and developers think the same with the amount of construction going on there.

Brisbane is a funny place, any suburbs along the beach/water in Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle are worth alot.. Brisbane is yet to catch onto this and waterside suburbs are good value, not just Recliffe but right along the bay.

If you could get a house on a large block on Redcliffe you would be doing well, there is only so much land available.

Acaica Ridge Qld

Have you tried Acacia Ridge 10 Mins from Brisbane CBD and you can get a really good buy for under $300k. If you would like some information on some properties in this location let me know and I can give you a good angents details.

Thanks

Aslam Sargeant
0408 730 295

Have you tried Acacia Ridge 10 Mins from Brisbane CBD and you can get a really good buy for under $300k. If you would like some information on some properties in this location let me know and I can give you a good angents details.

Thanks

Aslam Sargeant
0408 730 295

I've always wondered, why is Arcacia Ridge, despite how close it is to the city, cheaper than even the suburb next door?
Alex

I've always wondered, why is Arcacia Ridge, despite how close it is to the city, cheaper than even the suburb next door?
Alex
Alex,with Acacia Ridge 4110 it has been like that for the last 20 years
maybe because it was a H/C area back in the 70,s and 80's and i do
know people that have invested in that area,one of the problems i think that
turns investors off is the Archerfield Airport and the flight paths they
use,then you have all the trucks use Beatty rd and Beaudesert rd
24 hours a day but as far as schools shops transport and the entry
costs you would still buy into a old ex H/C property in the low 200k
but from what i am starting to see all the old 70's houses are starting
to go the blocks split and new townhouses built.IMHO good luck willair...

How about Wynnum, anyone got any perspective on this. Close to Manly, the Bay, not too far from the city. I've seen some nice places close to all amenities for mid to high 300's. ??

As a result, a few real estate agents over here have suggested that i turn my attention to Brisbane as they are under the impression that the property market is to take off in a similar fashion to whats happened in Perth.
Sorry, Im not sure I follow.

Agents in Perth are saying Brisbane is about to "take off" like Perth is now?

And thats what you're basing your enquiries on?

Just a bit lost here.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Back