Looking for Mortgage Brokers in Sydney.

Hello All,

With the banks reducing LVR from 95% to 90%, my pre-approval is no longer valid (according to the bank).

I have a deposit of $30000 saved EXCLUDING the FHOG. I'm looking to buy around $400K to $430K. I've realized that I need the services of a Mortgage Broker primarily for:

1. Finding a loan suitable for me (given my circumstances)
2. Advice on prices in different suburbs (sold prices, suburb prices, street prices)
3. Loan strategies (IO, P&I etc. given my circumstances).
4. MB that I can meet in person, is patient and is able to guide me through the whole first home buying process.
5. Deals with the bank directly instead of me having to deal with the banks.
6. Can hopefully get me a loan with slightly higher LVR (if at all possible).

Please reply/PM if you can help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rolf/Peter/Lisag. Sashi I will PM you offline so we can discuss your specifics.

In general the changes with bank policy is catching everyone on the hop and you are not alone. There are some lenders still doing 95% some with genuine savings requirements, some without, even a few doing 95% refinances, however the clock is ticking and we look to be following NZ with a reduction of max LVR's across the board.

Hope this helps
Jane

PS Just back from a RAMS update session - they are encouraging anyone who wants their 95% LVR with 3% gen savings loan to get in quick, so the writing is on the wall. Nnot that they are - with a 4 week timeframe to pickup new applications they are actively encouraging brokers not to submitt AIP's or loans for customers with purchases at the moment.

Thank you ALL for your replies.

I have found a MB that i'll be proceeding with.

Thanks again for your replies.

Moderators, Please close this thread if necessary.

Last edited:
Back