Love Google Earth: Great for checking out properties

I've used it to mark items of interest on a map, which I emailed to somebody else- it was great in showing what hotels, fast food places, etc were around the site of interest (it was a potential Subway site).

skater said:
That could be it. I was looking at NSW.

In case people are having the same problem. It may be because the Ray White have only bothered with the main cities.

If you seach for property closer to the CBD you will find they have a button on the property displayed. Click on this and then work your way out to the area you want.

The maps are good, you just need to know which way to go from the initial search.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks for the great Ray White google earth tip Kristine!!! The Ray White site is definately clearer!! Woohoo, I'm having great fun!! :D

PS: I can definately say that the maps are out of date by at least 4 years, because the pic of my house still has the tree in the front yard that we had removed when we moved here 4 years ago!

But, as some of the pps said, a great resource if you are checking out a particular area.

Hello

Haven't looked in on this thread for a while, glad everybody (except Skater!) is enjoying the view!

Suburban Girl, we can't even see our house because of the trees, let alone the swimming pool in the backyard. We can, however, see the neighbour's pool which is only about three summers old.

google has the dates of the photos in the red frames, Mike's Dad was rather taken back at seeing the washing on their line, and the neighbour's caravan in the driveway. But google really has it's limitations and although the Ray White system certainly doesn't cover everywhere, the areas it does cover are just great! I must admit I use screen snapshots in reports and in loan applications, it's a great resource.

Cheers

Kristine

Thanks Kristine I find it a lot clearer than google earth.

I particularly like the fact you can see the boundaries of selected properties.

Kev

Back