Maintenance for items not mentioned in property condition report

Can someone please inform me, if a powerpoint, not mentioned in the property condition report, turns to be not working, whose responsibility is it to fix it?

Please provide source links were possible to support reply.

As links have already been provided I won't add the same links again, but yes, you as the landlord should be fixing it. An agent won't test every individual power point in the house when doing the condition report - If we tested every item in the house when doing a condition report we would be there all day!!!!

As links have already been provided I won't add the same links again, but yes, you as the landlord should be fixing it. An agent won't test every individual power point in the house when doing the condition report - If we tested every item in the house when doing a condition report we would be there all day!!!!

Look on the bright side... your test bunnies (the tenants) are renting the place when the maintenance occurred, so if they say it stopped working the day after they starting renting the fix is tax deductible ;)

Be proactive.

As you have to send an electrician to the house, get your PM to check that all other electricals are working properly.

Last thing you want is for an electrician to be called back in another week or two when another problem is uncovered.

And yes, as said, this is your expense.
Marg

Back