Mandurah / Rockingham meeting of interested forumites

Market is very healthy, I managed two listings last week one on Tuesday one on Thursday both sold by lunch Saturday.

don't say that Mark... I want a beach house down there and prices are running away from me! Before too long it may be cheaper just to go down to City Beach and pick up a little weekender.

Ausprop,

There is a beach house at Singleton. $675,000. I had a call this morning from the agent. PM me if you're interested. There is no kickback/commission for me, BTW. I suspect not yet publicly advertised.

regards,

thanks Pete, probably a bit pricey for me for a while. especially for a 'bad debt' asset! Am interested in some of the theories now that say the sea change hysteria has run its course and people will now be seeking bush blocks. Would be nice to be at the front of a trend, not to mention a damn site cheaper on my hip pocket.

the other thing is, if you were to sink $700k into a beach house, as an alternative i could sell my house here and live by the beach in Perth for around $1m and be on permanent holidays and be cGT exempt and save on land tax and rates. however I live in Subiaco and love it too much and couldn't leave. dilemmas!

I recall hearing the ocean at night when I lived down at Madora for a while - pretty spooky for a kid. nowadays would always be wondering when a tsunami might hit. did you see the article the other day saying the lower WA coast is susceptible to a similar Aceh style tsunami? makes you think. don;t get me wrong - a great area to live, play, invest and I would still buy there.... but it will always be at the back of my mind. a bit like having a plane crash I guess, scary but unlikely yet still it happens.

Ausprop,

Logically, bush blocks seem sensible. For many under-prepared retirees, country locations offer cheap living. I'll stick with the "buy at the beach" strategy though! :)

regards,

I think the risk of a tsunami on the beach is far less than that of a bushfire on a bush block. I'm from Canberra- I should know :D

the meeting is open to all

I received a PM asking about the end of month get together.

In case others had similar questions, the get together is open to all. It is an informal social meeting of people - & their friends or family - interested in property.

27th or 13th ?

that was a confusing read guy's, just dropped in on the end..

is it the 27th or 13th (if 13th let me know how it went via e-mail), was down at that fish and chipshop 3 weeks ago, have you had a look at the 3D laser engraving shop next door (they have just opened in Hillary's and will soon open in the city)

REDWING

Mandurah Meeting

Hi

I'm new to this forum, but was very interested in what I read. I am keen to invest again and need to work out how to use my equity (and service the loan!!).

I would love to talk to some of you and see there is a meeting in Mandurah. Would love to come along if there's no objections, if you could advise when and where.

Crabgirl

hi crabgirl,

everyone is welcome, it's 27th of Feb, 12pm at the fish and chip place in the marina.

Hope to see you and others there.

Hi Everyone,

Like Crabgirl, I'm new to this game and would be really grateful for some advice and tips from those more experienced.

I'm up South Perth way so will try to make the Mandurah trip on the 27th. Hope thats OK? Is the fish and chip place 'Ciccerello's'?

Regards

Reno-In-Sync said:
Hi Everyone,

Like Crabgirl, I'm new to this game and would be really grateful for some advice and tips from those more experienced.

I'm up South Perth way so will try to make the Mandurah trip on the 27th. Hope thats OK? Is the fish and chip place 'Ciccerello's'?

Regards

Yup Nino's!

Good food, beer, prattle about properites - talk about a perfect sunday :)

<KS>

Can we get a role call pwease.

I am just curious as to numbers and what faces I will see there.

All attending say "I"

<KS>

geoff..................you ARE bored aren't you :rolleyes:

You need to go to realonearcade and download a destructive game ;)

REDWING

For those with interest in the Rockingham Anchorage estate, I have just had some good news.

In order to gain a good loan package I had to get my recently purchased block revalued.

I Put the deposit down 2 months ago at a purchase price of $118,000.

Today I received a call from my Mortgage broker confirming that it had been valued at $135,000 by the Home Building Society.

Needless to say a $17,000 increase from a bank valuation in such a short time has made me very happy :D

<KS>

some directions to venue for Sunday 27th

Great result, KS, BTW.

The venue is Nino's fish & chip café, at the marina. (Not Cicerrelo's.)

Nino's is located in the newish shopping area at the marina. If you drive into the marina - Dolphin Drive - and go to a roundabout where there is a car park on the left, the water & boats ~50m directly in front of you, shops in front on the LHS and apartments in front on the RHS; then Nino's is at the far corner of the shops on the LHS. The main route from that roundabout actually does a right turn and heads towards the boat/fishing club.

HTH you get there!

Back