Marayong?

Looking at buying a reno in Marayong with potential to subdivide. Prices are a lot higher than what we were looking at in the deep west (Hebersham/Willmot/Whalan area) but the blocks are bigger and able to be battleaxed.

Worried about spending more money though (<500K!) although the numbers do seem to stack up. Locals thoughts?

Its SMSF heaven. Low vacancy, low entry point and good yields (for Sydney market). It also has the train line which works in its favour.

Regards

Shahin

Prices are a lot higher than what we were looking at in the deep west (Hebersham/Willmot/Whalan area) but the blocks are bigger and able to be battleaxed.

Marayong is not the Druitt!

Just today I went to Mt Druitt Centrelink office to put my fortnightly form in, and the amount of drop kicks I encountered was absolutley amazing.

No, not the yobbos outside the doors, I'm talking about the ones working behind the counter!

I'd like to write a book about it, and also a book explaining how to invest in multiple properties and earn the max in govt benefits! (just kidding...really:D)

Just moved to the west and I don't know what everyone's talking about. Paradise I tells ya ;)

Honestly though, thinking of moving on this property this week. What is the Blacktown council like to deal with? Would love to get the front house done and sold by the end of the financial year with the block sold after June.

Offer just got accepted on a double story unit in Whalan (7.5% return) so it's all happening!

Blacktown Council is excellent to deal with, very helpful and quick.
Marayong, well it's not a beautiful suburb but I'm sure you'd be able to rent out your IP quickly, make sure you get a good PM.

One thing I don't like about Blacktown Council is that some of their call centre staff are bullies. Sometimes they give incorrect information and refuse to let you speak to a manager. You then waste time getting the problem solved.

Marayong is not the Druitt!

Just today I went to Mt Druitt Centrelink office to put my fortnightly form in, and the amount of drop kicks I encountered was absolutley amazing.

No, not the yobbos outside the doors, I'm talking about the ones working behind the counter!

I'd like to write a book about it, and also a book explaining how to invest in multiple properties and earn the max in govt benefits! (just kidding...really:D)

I experienced similar at Merrylands. Apparently they recruit from the queues. Instead of having empathy for those now experiencing unemployment/relationship breakdown/hardship it can be a bit like the bullied becoming the bully.

Back