May you rest in peace Steve Jobs

There's already a thread on this :)

The number of Steve Jobs dying jokes doing the rounds amazes me. They started a few HOURS after he died :eek:

Damn, sorry guys...I looked and must ahve missed it.:eek:

Feel free to remove it Mod, not sure who's online atm.

Regards JO

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

This is one of his quotes that i have always liked, sad but a least he had the time to prepare himself..rip..

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

Such a profane quote. Wes hould read it every day.

Regards JO

56 is so young. My dad died when he was only 55. I've only learned about Steve Jobs more in the last 12 months. Seems to be a real visionary.

I've been a PC guy most of my life and recently started using an iPhone and iPad and wanting a Macbook Pro now.

I hope the company continues his legacy.

RIP Steve

what an amazing guy..56 is way too young but he lived to his fullest potential.

We are huge Apple fans here. I owned the 1st generation iPhone I think 1 yr before it was even released in Oz. Let's see... 3 x iPhones, 2 x Macbook Pros, a x iPad and Apple Tv!

Even non Apple fans have to appreciate the fact that Steve brought the pc into living rooms, bedrooms, even toilets! No one ever bothered to surf the net on a mobile until iPhone came along because it was pathetic. Android came about because of Apple....what a great visionary.

To think this was only 4 years ago!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SignzWdr0Tk

A lovely tribute to Steve
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcWl8yFHsw&feature=player_embedded#!

I love steve jobs and have most of the products his company invented. A true visionary leader.

I do think though that all the "he changed the world" stuff is a tad over stating it. he did change the way we interact with stuff and made certain products like a cell phone cool. He didn't change the world. His products smell like all the others when they burn.

If not for Steve Jobs then those workers would definitely be commiting suicide because they would have no work to keep them employed.

I'll start off by saying that I haven't read up on Steve Jobs and I'm not an Apple fan. And that perhaps I'm naive...
But I'm still perplexed as to why Steve Jobs is getting all the fame for leading a company that relied on his minions of workers to research and create the technology? Fair enough he started it off back in the day, but can we really expect that in the later years of Apple he was sitting in the labs with his employees figuring out how to improve and indeed create software and hardware that hadn't existed?

I'll start off by saying that I haven't read up on Steve Jobs and I'm not an Apple fan. And that perhaps I'm naive...
But I'm still perplexed as to why Steve Jobs is getting all the fame for leading a company that relied on his minions of workers to research and create the technology? Fair enough he started it off back in the day, but can we really expect that in the later years of Apple he was sitting in the labs with his employees figuring out how to improve and indeed create software and hardware that hadn't existed?

Because entrepreneurs are remembered, not the workers. Just like how Generals are remembered, but not soldiers. The worker just gets paid a wage, works, then leaves and goes home. An entrepreneur thinks of a great idea, and pays workers to do the hard work for him while he makes the big money. Who cares if he's not the one working in the factory or laboratory? No one expects him to.

Back