Mba

If you aren't paying... don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In the right circles they look shiny on your cv.

If you are any good at managing people, it is not a huge time commitment either (4-6hrs/week/unit outside of class time).

Blacky

Thanks Blacky for the advice

If you aren't paying... don't look a gift horse in the mouth. In the right circles they look shiny on your cv.

If you are any good at managing people, it is not a huge time commitment either (4-6hrs/week/unit outside of class time).

Blacky

True in some respect - if you are at a level of managing a team of people and moving the next step on to like Chief Operations Officer etc. that would help

I once dated a girl who fresh out of uni had a MBA. she sat on 40K per year and then went to be manager couple years later.

That's what the author of this book reckons also

http://personalmba.com/

The title jumped out at me at an airport shop a few weeks back so I bought it. I've skimmed through it. The contents looks good to a not so business minded person like myself. It's in my (priority) to read stack. :)

Lucky Borders closed their doors or I would have a house full of "to read books" :p

I can probably teach half the finance, accounting, economics courses in an MBA without ever having done one nor doing any revision, tonight.

The biggest critics of many of these courses are those who can't get into one.

An opinion that it is a 'general studies course' lacks the understanding of why someone would do the course and what outcomes the candidate is seeking to achieve.

You really think so? I screen and vet MBA students every now and then and 90% of them don't impress. If they impress, they would've impressed me without the MBA.

true i suppose -with a couple hundred posts probably not

Mate, I've got no desire to argue with you or DB.

He made a pretty extraordinary claim, I cheekily asked for proof.

I'd have thought scepticism, in a forum filled with people who research almost constantly, was understandable?

Not sure why this presents a problem for you.

Mate, I've got no desire to argue with you or DB.

He made a pretty extraordinary claim, I cheekily asked for proof.

I'd have thought scepticism, in a forum filled with people who research almost constantly, was understandable?

Not sure why this presents a problem for you.

no problem - my responses weren't even emotional

valid questions all around.

Back