Melbourne CBD house listed for $3m

http://www.theage.com.au/business/property/the-bunker-goes-on-the-market-for-3m-20130524-2k5l2.html

Thoughts?

I didn't realise there were any houses in the CBD at all. If you've got that kind of money, $3 million isn't too bad considering the land component itself would be very valuable.

Very nice!
I'd love to live somewhere like that - though I'd make the roof terrace even more awesome.

Here is the RE ad for it http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-vic-melbourne-113881963

Something about the photos of the house made me feeling that I could live there and that's really weird because I never ever have wanted to live in the city...

I couldn't live there.

I sometimes stay in hotels not far from there for work - there is a constant background city noise which I don't like.

In terms of house, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I want gardens and trees.

Certainly not my taste, but as a matter of interest I happen to know the listing agent! Just for a laugh, I occasionally wear his old suit and pants that he very kindly passed down to me!!! LOL
Regarding the lack of car parking, and with such deep pockets and a massive floor space, it should be easy to carve a small amount of the 680? Sqm up for a piddly garage?

Certainly not my taste, but as a matter of interest I happen to know the listing agent! Just for a laugh, I occasionally wear his old suit and pants that he very kindly passed down to me!!! LOL
Regarding the lack of car parking, and with such deep pockets and a massive floor space, it should be easy to carve a small amount of the 680? Sqm up for a piddly garage?

The land itself is only 340sqm, so definitely no car space possible. Not good enough for 3 mil imo.

If you had that much money, I'm sure you could purchase a car space nearby as well :p

Not very practical though... I wouldn't want to be carrying my groceries etc a couple of blocks all the time.

If I was going to spend $3m on an inner city residence it would more likely be some kind of 3/3/3 penthouse with awesome views and not views of a brick wall.

Not very practical though... I wouldn't want to be carrying my groceries etc a couple of blocks all the time.

If I was going to spend $3m on an inner city residence it would more likely be some kind of 3/3/3 penthouse with awesome views and not views of a brick wall.

to each their own i guess. i would buy this house over a much smaller penthouse that has absolutely no value add potential and a lot more competition any day.

to each their own i guess. i would buy this house over a much smaller penthouse that has absolutely no value add potential and a lot more competition any day.

Don't get me wrong, if I were to purchase for investment purposes I'd go the house in the cbd any day but if it were purely for a PPOR and nothing else it wouldn't be my first choice. Actually, anything in Victoria would not be my first choice.

The land component is actually quite cheap, reflected by the fact it's quite fringe and not a major address perhaps. Not sure what I'd do what it but had thought about putting an offer in.

Back