Melbourne In June?

Yeah go the city :) city is good coz it's so central.. (although parking is a bit crap)- how about enlightened cusine at crown- its vegetarian chinese food :D hehehe- you can have a mock beef and black bean sauce (the beef is made from tofu- but i swear you can't even tell)..

nuh im open to anywhere in the city.. how exciting :D

geoffw said:
What is it with you mortgage brokers losing weight?

I would hope it's not because you're all fat cats to start off with :(

The reason is it's a tigher market nowdays, so we have to cut margins, trim the fat and be lean and mean ;)

Wednesday 28th (as per Rolf's post) seems great...

In terms of venue, somewhere in Crown wouldn't be bad... If everyone is happy, Shonnie can make the booking? If its booked out, let us know where u would like to catch up & we will be there...

Cheers,

Manny.

manny said:
Wednesday 28th (as per Rolf's post) seems great...

In terms of venue, somewhere in Crown wouldn't be bad... If everyone is happy, Shonnie can make the booking? If its booked out, let us know where u would like to catch up & we will be there...

Cheers,

Manny.

I'm happy. :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Sounds good guys, as long as everyone is okay with vegetarian/vegan only chinese food? :) Might be a new experience for some but trust me its SOOOO yummy :D .. a bit fattening but whats one night huh?

I'll make the booking if everyone if you like.. Can I get an estimated number?

If you want to check out the menu and prices you can go to

http://www.ecuisine.com.au/ - it has a dinner food menu and if you have a look at the Contact Us page is shows where the restaurant is- its pretty much opposite crown..

Let me know Thanks :)

Well, just as a matter of personal opinion, but when something is meant to be social surely it is better to choose a venue which can cater to all tastes?

The reason for getting together is the people, not culinary experimentation. Personally, I find Crown hard to get to, the situation becomes complicated instead of 'drive there, meet each other, eat something, go home'. But maybe I'm just a stick in the mud.

Part of the charm of the dinner meetings is the ability to move around the tables, to mingle and chat, no standing on ceremony, get your own meals and drinks from the counter, no worrying about splitting bills or tipping.

I rather like the Moreland. It has a broad menu and plenty of room. We have to drive for nearly an hour to get there but it is central for most people, has plenty of space and has good public transport and free on site parking. The city is congested and then you have to pay for the parking.

Just my thoughts but I really don't fancy an evening eating tofu when I'd rather a steak.

Cheers

Kristine

Kristine.. said:
Well, just as a matter of personal opinion, but when something is meant to be social surely it is better to choose a venue which can cater to all tastes?
This tends to happen when a decision isn’t made on where to eat. It’s very hard to please everyone, this we have found before. :rolleyes:

I just felt we might get a few new people coming along if we alternated dinners to different parts of town. Brunswick and the CBD are great for some, but not everyone. I’ll make a suggestion based on knowing were a vast majority of members live for the Mitcham Hotel. http://www.mitchamhotel.com.au/mitchambistro Still not ideal for me but close to the Eastern freeway for people coming from the other side of town and with a varied menu that should satisfy most tastes.

Anyway, just an idea. :)

Last edited:
Kristine.. said:
I really don't fancy an evening eating tofu when I'd rather a steak.
Shonnie said:
vegetarian/vegan only chinese food? :) Might be a new experience for some but trust me its SOOOO yummy :D .. a bit fattening but whats one night huh?
Hmm. This may be the REAL reason for Kristine's reluctance- especially given her spectaular success in losing weight.

We had a dinner at a veggo place in Canberra a few years back. It was enjoyed by vegetarians and people who didn't mind a vegetarian meal once in a while- but it was hated by people who really enjoyed their meat. I'd be suggesting a venue which has alternatives for everyone.

Date & Time

A couple questions:

Can anyone attend ?

Can anyone confirm date and time ?

Is Micham in the South Eastern suburbs ? ...

warrioress said:
A couple questions:

Can anyone attend ?

Can anyone confirm date and time ?

Is Micham in the South Eastern suburbs ? ...

Anyone can attend. :)

I believe we are all agreed on the 28th (We try to meet on the last wednesday of every month)

Mitcham is in the East.....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hiya,

7pm would be ideal for me, too, especially if it's in the city. But, enough about me...

And someone needs to make a decision on where we are going to meet. This debate could go on for months before everyone is happy. Manny or Y-man: what is the plan?

Hmm... I think Ruby may have been spot on when she suggested not giving people a choice... :rolleyes:

James.

Back