Melbourne Solicitor

Do you need a solicitor or conveyancer?

Here is the conveyancer that i use. Very good and goes into alot of detail:

CPS Conveyancing
Attn: Terry Wolley
Phone: 03 9435 99 66

Thanks-

Hi,
we can highly recommend Bianca from Rotstein Lockwood Reddy; she can be contacted as follows:

P (61 3) 9604 7888
F (61 3) 9642 8770
W www.rlr.com.au
A Level 5, 552 Lonsdale St, Melbourne Vic 3000, Australia

We have negotiated a special of $795 plus GST for all our clients; this includes all disbursements as well.

We use:

Francis Lhanh

503/221 Queens St Melbourne VIC 3000
ph: (03) 9642 8388

Cheers,

The Y-man

Last edited:
Toony I strongly disagree with that statement. A good solicitor should act in your favour. I tend to find that most solicitors or conveyancers tend to follow a strict process to the letter, and tend to be very inflexible outside of that.

If everything goes smoothly, it's no big deal. If anything is at all outside of the box, a good solicitor or conveyancer willing to go the extra mile to help you is worth their weight in gold.

I agree entirely with PT_Bear. We have been on the wrong side of solicitors' incompetence several times now - the last one costing us well over $3500, due to a stuff-up which I had queried them about not once, but 3 times!. Needless to say they were not interested when I made my dissatisfaction known!

In the future, I will not use a solicitor or conveyancer unless they come recommended by experienced property investors whose judgement I trust.

Cheers
LynnH

Maybe I have been lucky then. I have had no issues with my solicitor.

He is a mate I used to play football with. Maybe his team has been looking after me then.

All I'm suggesting is that if you've got a solicitor who's been great with you in the past, stick with them. If not, get a recommendation from someone who has a basic understanding of what you're doing (somersoft forumites!). It's not something I'd leave to chance.

My personal experiences with solicitors has been quite good. The first guy was fine, but I didn't get the right feeling from him. For the second property we went on a referal from another solicitor and had a great result. We've stuck with him since.

Despite never having a really bad experience, I have seen clients who have and it has cost them in all sorts of ways (money, tears, extreme stress).

Despite never having a really bad experience, I have seen clients who have and it has cost them in all sorts of ways (money, tears, extreme stress).

Totally agree with you on this one Peter

Currently organising files to go to SRO to recover 13k of extra stamp duty paid.

Didn't have problems in the past as the purchases were stuctured differently but this one hurts and is taking up valuable time.
Having top do their job when you've already paid someone who's supposed to be an expert in the field. Arrrrrrrrrr!
:mad:

Keenas get a recommendation!

Back