Missing dishwasher after settlement. Help me please

Hi all,

Last year I purchased my first IP from Professional Real Estate, Melton. At that time tenant occupied the property and I allowed continuing to stay after the settlement. Recently, tenant moved out and they are saying that dishwasher was installed by them and they have removed and taken it. But in the property list advertised by Professional Real Estate clearly mentioned that it include dishwasher.

Now Professional real estate, Melton is saying they are not responsible if there is any such kind of error and I need to take it to court with the previous house owner.

Can you please help me in addressing this issue? How needs to be fix it? Is it Professional real estate, Melton who listed the property and sold me or the previous house owner?

Before I purchased this property, it was managed by different real estates in Melton. Since Professional real estate, Melton sold me the property; I have transferred property management to them. It looks like I got into a big problem. Can you please help on this ASAP? Thanks a lot

Talk to your solicitor but agents can get in a lot of trouble for false advertising with things like this. I would also consider transferring management to another agent once this is sorted out as they clearly don't have their finger on the pulse!! I am a tenant and I always install my own dishwasher at a property and remove it when I vacate, I make sure that the agent is made aware of this any time the property is valued or we are moving out and the property is to be leased. Most tenants do!

What does it say on your sales contract, is the dishwasher mentioned?

What Sez says....

Check your contract of sale - usually mentioned as it is not usually a fixed chattel. Also, do you still have a copy of the ad?

On the other hand - how old was it? It might be better to replace it in any case.....

The Y-man

Thanks all.

I called Professional real eastate, Meltona and advised that I contact Consumer Affairs, matter solved in a second.

Somersoft rocks!! Thanks for everyne who replied.

Regards
Mohan

Ask for a copy of the entry condition report from when the tenant moved in this is what the RTA will look at.

if the agent that put the tenant inplace did there job it should say if it had a dish washer. also see if the old agent had any ond photos before the tenant moved it to show there was one inplace.

good luck and let me know if i can help at all.

Thanks for your reply.

Professional realestate at Melton agreed to replce with new dishwasher and tomorrow I am inspecting it myself to see if this is new and working fine.

Regards
Mohan

Back