More bubble debates in the media

I think you're thinking of "when there's blood in the streets, buy property" or that the japanese character for 'crisis' is simply the characters for 'danger' and 'opportunity' put alongside one another

I think its this one your after

"be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful"

Ahhh media and the 'public'.

This reminds me of a convo I had today about 'public' misconceptions.... people who clean my house make more than senior managers at prestiguous international firms lol. So when I realised this, I thought I'd run the numbers. Turns out my mates who work in restaurants makes more than respectable solicitors with $30k HECS debt after going to Melb Uni at respectable international law firms with over 3000 employees.

what's that old saying? buy when everyone is fearful...?

Personally not yet, there might be a bit of fear, but there is no blood on the streets.

best analogy i can draw, what happened to the stock market when it first started to decline in late 2007 (i'm not suggesting that property will follow the same trajectory, only that the first part of a potential decline is not the time of entry, if a sustained decline is underway)

Personally not yet, there might be a bit of fear, but there is no blood on the streets.

best analogy i can draw, what happened to the stock market when it first started to decline in late 2007 (i'm not suggesting that property will follow the same trajectory, only that the first part of a potential decline is not the time of entry, if a sustained decline is underway)
there aint no blood because nobody wants to sell yet unless they are forced... but question is how long can they hold before the fear factor gets to them?

looky ma, the forum is full of Warren Buffets......only that Warren wouldn't buy in at the beginning of a downward trend.

That's right he'd be looking to buy now as Sydney is on the beginning of an upswing after many years of downtrend since 2003/4. And lets face it, Syd starts the cycle.....;)

Back