More Labor economic incompetence

hi josko - no $80 per day for independent (ie non ABC Learning) day care.

over the last 18 months, the fees have gone from $54, $62, $74 and now $80 - with a lovely - newly introduced $50 fee for every week you are in arrears. AND we have to supply everything except food.

hmm....i wonder why people are in arrears....?

i'd never invest in a CCC. you can't mix $$$ and care (aged, palative, kids) and my views are very clearly explained on this in the ABC learning thread.

no wonder single mums can't afford to go back to work - it'd all get eaten up in daycare....for what? to stress more and see less of yor kids?

BBs should retire like their parents did and help out, like their parets did....

Thanks BC,

Wow a $50 arrears fee......I'd owe $500!

The other part of the problem is the rebate from Centrelink. I haven't recieved one yet but apparently it is only issued every quarter.

I only use daycare two days a week. I get paid quite well and it still creeps up on me. I cannot figure out how someone on a lower income could afford the out of pocket expenses for three months until they get their Centrelink Child Care Benefit.

By the time you take out $400 for daycare, petrol expenses etc, there would barely be enough for groceries.

Regards JO

Back