mork mork mork... Does anyone speak Swedish?

Well, I have a little problem...

I'm trying to translate a book from Swedish to English, and am coming up with some problem words.

The book is a "family history" of my maternal Grandfather's family, and goes back to about the mid 500's, but, it's written in Swedish. The main problem is it's mostly written in 'old swedish', and thus most online translation dictionaries just don't get it.

I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me, even if you just *think* you might be able to help, it's better than what I can do since I speak NO Swedish!

Please PM me if you think you can help me.

asy :D

hej!

:)

My girlfriends sister's family speak swedish, their young kids go to swedish school and her husband is swedish..

I work for a swedish company too! but cant speak much :( if you need to know a few words I can ask her for you..

Hi Asy,

I speak Swedish but not as fluently as my wife who is from Sweden.
She has spare time and can help you out with any words or sentences.
Send your questions by PM and I will pass them on.

Cheers
Bill

I'll give it a crack.

Here goes................................................

Can you hear the drums Fernando

Mamma Mia.......here we go again, my my................

Ring ring, why don't you give me a call?

That's about the extent of my Swedish. Hope I helped ;) :D

Regards
Marty

HAH!

Yeah, well, you saw the extent of my Swedish, in the thread title...

It's pretty much limited to what I've learned from the Swedish chef... mork mork mork... hehe

Seriously, though, I'm learning lots of words trying to translate this book, there's no way I could use them in a sentence, unless I wanted to tell someone my hovercraft was full of eels... The grammar and syntax would kill me.

asy :D

Back