Mountains

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone on here lives up the Mountains {In Syndey} and if so can they give me a quick run down on what suburbs are good to live in and which ones to avoid. The missus has been offered a transfer out that way and we wanted to get a few more details before we considered it

Cheers

T.G

I assume you mean blue mountains I lived there most of my youth depends what stage of your life your in I hated it ehen I was a kid so far to get to fast food and shops and quite boring if you've got kids but if your older you will love it nice abd peaceful and quiet. There is no major terrible suburbs but blaxland springwood winmalee katoomba are the "main hubs" I use that phrase loosely. If you are worried about bushfires the local council website has a radar map with danger zones.

I had friends up the mountains when I was at school and life changed the day Maccas opened in Blaxland.

Glenbrook is a bit sleepy and cliquey but a lovely little place. There's a great cafe there and a few rustic little shops just off the main drag. Lots of families live in Blaxland as there are good access to schools and lots of child care options. Mt Riverview is the slightly cheaper option to Blaxland with a similar demographic. it's cheaper as it's further from the train station. If you want the bush outlook you may want to live slightly further up the highway, like Warrimoo or Faulconbridge, although it will mean more regular trips down the mountain for fire evacuations or getting out just in case the GWH closes during bushfires.

Back