Moving home costs, advice appreciated!

Hi again everyone!

I am thinking of moving from lovely Brisbane to lovely Perth in a few months time. I am hoping for some advice regarding moving costs.

Firstly, I run a small business from home and will need to take my stock over there. There will probably be about 25 -30 standard moving size boxes of stock to move, all of which quite heavy - will probably work out to around half a tonne to 750kg alltogether. Now originally I was going to have this moved with my furniture, however one person has suggested that I could do it another way more cheaply. I.e. send it separately from my household goods. And I could claim the costs back as it is for the business that way. But I have no idea what the best way to do this is -
- by train?
- Backloading?
- err anything else?
all standard size boxes, and not particularly fragile.

I would love to hear any suggestions, even company names if you know of any. I do need it to be fairly reliable though, I can't wait for a month etc for it to turn up.

Secondly, and I guess less importantly as it's easier to find the info, does anyone have any good recommendations for moving companies? I don't have much stuff to move, basically all the furniture from a one bedroom unit. Some people have suggested I just leave my furniture, as it was mostly 2nd hand anyways and the cost will be more than it's worth. Either sell it or rent my unit out furnished (the stuff while 2nd hand is pretty good quality and looks good).

Sorry for the long post! It's my first time moving a long distance, and I am quite worried about the massive bills I will receive!
Michelle.

Back