Moving plumbing/pipes cost?

can anybody give me a rough break down of labour and material costs to say turn a bathroom into a bedroom PLUS a bedroom into a bathroom

some plumbers are saying its a 1 month 10k job,

while some say as long as teh wall is accessible, its a 1 week job plus materials,

has anybody done one of these before?

We are doing up our bathroom right now. Some of the plumbing will be re-used but pretty much it is a new run of most things, and everything is moving within the room.

First plumber quoted $4K and next one quoted "ballpark" $2K.

Hubby has stripped out the room and will be sheeting and preparing for the plumber, so that part is "free".

Of course, on top of the cost of the plumbing is the cost of the new fixtures, but I don't think you are asking this?

can anybody give me a rough break down of labour and material costs to say turn a bathroom into a bedroom PLUS a bedroom into a bathroom

some plumbers are saying its a 1 month 10k job,

while some say as long as teh wall is accessible, its a 1 week job plus materials,

has anybody done one of these before?

You will be paying somebody to remove and terminate sewer and water from one room, and to install sewer and water in another room. It's a lot of work: the floors in both rooms will need to be ripped up and relaid, not to mention that the water and sewer lines need to be changed, twice.

Is this going to add a lot of value to the property?

thansk everyone,

it will add value but for $2k or more I wouldnt think its worth it

it will merely make the bedrooms larger and accessible and he bathrooms smaller, at the moment they are reverse

I was trying to find out how much of a pain it would be,

I assume it would be cutting out existing section and putting a T -joint or whatever its called
and putting in stoppers for the pipes that will be the bedroom,

im not saying its an easy job, but would it be simply a case of stopping the proposed bedroom pipes and adding new chunks of pipe in the proposed bathroom

Hi TMNT,

it really involves plumbing a new bathroom from scratch, rough in the sewer, shower waste, basin, hot and cold to new shower, basin, and toilet. Then fit off. It would take 2 plumbers a day to rough in, and at least half a day to fit off.

There's a fair bit to it.

Scott.

Hi TMNT,

it really involves plumbing a new bathroom from scratch, rough in the sewer, shower waste, basin, hot and cold to new shower, basin, and toilet. Then fit off. It would take 2 plumbers a day to rough in, and at least half a day to fit off.

There's a fair bit to it.

Scott.

fair enoiguh, thanks for that, probably not worth it

at least I know what to expect in the future,

so $2-$3k for future reference?

My Plumber charges $2000 for a new bathroom, so it's thereabouts.

Always good to get 2 or 3 quotes, and even better if you can get a tradie that's recommended.

Scott.

We are doing up our bathroom right now. Some of the plumbing will be re-used but pretty much it is a new run of most things, and everything is moving within the room.

First plumber quoted $4K and next one quoted "ballpark" $2K.

Hubby has stripped out the room and will be sheeting and preparing for the plumber, so that part is "free".

Of course, on top of the cost of the plumbing is the cost of the new fixtures, but I don't think you are asking this?

Before and after photos would be welcome of this as I'm looking to get some work done in the kitchen.:)

Before and after photos would be welcome of this as I'm looking to get some work done in the kitchen.:)

Well I won’t recommend the plumber I recently used for our kitchen.
I had a plumber place a tap behind our new fridge . He had to cut in one tee into the poly line in the ceiling then drop straight down 400mm to the new tap. I told him to run the pipe outside of the wall as it will be hidden by the overhead cupboards over the fridge. SO all he had to do was drill through the cornice and the main pipe was there in the ceiling
He didn’t need to take the oxy into the ceiling as my plumbing is Rehau poly pipe so its just a crimp type fitting.
Materials included one ¾ inch tee, one brass tap and 400mm poly pipe and 2 x screws to fix the tap. 1 hours labour. He invoiced me for $428:mad:

Back