Moving to Perth or Melbourne

Brisbane is not on the list due to flood, hurricane and it is boring.

Man, if you think Brisbane is boring, avoid Perth like the clappers. I lived in Brisbane for 8 years (loved it, moved back to Melbourne for the music, culture and lifestyle) and whilst it is about 20 years behind Melbourne culturally, it is like Disneyland on steroids compared to Perth.

When I was in Perth, I went out for dinner on a Thursday night. Walked back through the city and it was dead. Like I mean literally. There was no one around. I thought I'd been magically transported to a small country town in 1950.

Mr Fab
When did you last visit Perth?? what you mentioned was certainly the case some 3-4 years ago, but seriously Perth is really getting quite trendy and becoming a vibrant city, with some very hip restaurants/inner areas. Govt has spend a bucket load of money and it has pretty much changed overnight IMO.

I love Melb and I love Perth, for different reasons. I recently came back from Melb and travelled around Victoria and it was absolutely magnificent, in particular Yarra Valley, we have Margaret River and our south west wineries etc. are outstanding.

Come to think of it I love Sydney, I just love Australia, I reckon we have all won lotto;)

Median price may be misleading when finding PPOR across states. 700k can get you a 600-800 sqm within 20km radius 4x2 house with a pool in Perth. How many of these deals are there in Sydney and Melbourne within the same distance? :)

Median price may be misleading when finding PPOR across states. 700k can get you a 600-800 sqm within 20km radius 4x2 house with a pool in Perth. How many of these deals are there in Sydney and Melbourne within the same distance? :)

Good point.

This what I have been thinking, 700k will get you a 2 bed townhouse within 20km of sydney cbd.

Which ones in Perth are currently considered as bogan suburbs?
(I suspect I live/invest in some of them :rolleyes: )

Was Balga, Girrawheen, Gosnells, Maddington, but they're being pushed out due to development. Is probably mostly just Armadale + Kwinana LGA now?

Wrong... its official.... VOTED NUMBER ONE BOGAN SUBURB IN AUSTRALIA

ROCKINGHAM...... on the media last week, so its gotta be true;)

I can think of areas that should surpass Rockingham.... Medina, Kwinana come to mind. Then again I thought Cairns was bogansville, anyway what do I know. The Ozzi public voted

Was Balga, Girrawheen, Gosnells, Maddington, but they're being pushed out due to development. Is probably mostly just Armadale + Kwinana LGA now?

:confused: i have been in girrawheen, gosnells and maddington recently, are you really claiming there arent many bogans there?

Wrong... its official.... VOTED NUMBER ONE BOGAN SUBURB IN AUSTRALIA

ROCKINGHAM...... on the media last week, so its gotta be true;)

I can think of areas that should surpass Rockingham.... Medina, Kwinana come to mind. Then again I thought Cairns was bogansville, anyway what do I know. The Ozzi public voted
I reckon Aus is one big bogan oxygen thief suburb with little pockets of civilisation and decorum, these days.

Happy to be proved wrong, though.

Almost every suburb has bogans and i think it's just some of them has more than others.

I think bogan numbers are related to how much public housing there is in the suburb and maybe the demographia too...

Do your due diligence on suburbs that you think are affordable and actually visit the suburbs you think you like before making any decisions whether it's in Melbourne of Perth!

I think I have come to the conclusion there is a bogan family in our street - us.

Our neighbour got distressed enough about the state of our front lawn that he came over with his lawn mower and mowed it for us......... :D

The Y-man

Back