My Dream.......Whats yours?

Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know what my dreams are:

Cold beers in the work shop beer fridge, sunday afternoon on my ride on lawn mower, mowering my 2 acre property:p with a cold beer or two:eek:

Once my kids get to secondary school age, we will move to a house on a couple of acres but still not too far from schools and friends.

And just relax on my property with my wife and kids......aahhhhh....heaven;)

GG

Wandering down into the garage to spend time building custom furniture for the house with little hidden secret places in them (the hidey holes are inspired by GreatPig's thread).

Then, when the weather's perfect, heading down to the yacht and spending the day sailing around the harbour.

Also, getting the opportunity to b*tch about having to spend sunny windless days varnishing the boat (Platypus is the first official Dragon built in Australia, wooden and built in 1952) - when I really secretly enjoy doing it....

Cheers,

Nice one Gordon.

My dream is to have a regular home, a place down the coast an apartment in Sydney, Melbourne, London, France, Germany, Italy, Austria and New York.

I would let most of the appartments most of the time but would spend several months in each every couple of years. During this time I would be hollidaying, absorbing culture and investing.

When I am at home (in Australia), I would spend my days playing with the kids, visting friends in Sydney & Melbourne, doing volunteer work, investing, rennovating and playing in band's.

I love dreaming..

Globally:

Well, some world peace would be nice.

No more poverty or exploitation, famine or horrible diseases (for all countries and humankind and animals).

More trees.

Free education for everyone.

Personally:

Sex, sun, sand, surf and a little alcohol and straggling around the world at leisure.
But not necessarily sex in the sun or sand or surf..you know why :)

PS ...And bring back NQ Lager.

I have a very clear and vivid dream....one that I am hoping to actually "do" one day.

I want to do the sunshine coast road in a nice shiny ferrari (Peter Spann Style :D) heading up to stay in a hotel for a long weekend with a beautiful woman.

Ill be sure to post pics when I do ;)

RJ

They end up costing about the same per day, I think.

My own personal goal is 'to do whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want'. My goals keep moving up the more I experience life. This might have to be a life-long project.
Alex

ramone_johnny said:
Ah bugger it, I think I'll take the bus.

RJ

Well, Peter Spann does always say the bus is a Airconditioned, Chauffer Driven, European Vehicle.... albeit you have to share it with a lot of people....

Cheers,

The Y-man

at least six months renting out a little villa/cottage in the south-east of france with hubby and child during spring/summer and just kicking back enjoying to local lifestyle ... with some major sightseeing trips around italy/france/turkey etc in between.

my dream is much like WillG's, except i don't want apartments in major international cities, i want cottages in market villages an hour or two outside of major international cities.

i want to collect cute, cheap, little cottages (ok, maybe one or two apartments too) all around the world, renovate them, rent them out as holiday accommodation, let them pay themselves off slowly while i continue to reno/build in aust, and eventually be free to come and go all around the world as i please, staying in my little cottages (either living off rental income from other places, or maybe by them i'll have a chunk of other investments, who knows).

the beauty of this plan is that, say you find a really cute little village house in a market town in, say, france. you spend 4-6 months there slowly renovating it. getting to know a few locals. certianly getting to know the local cafes, etc. honing the language skills, reading, relaxing - it's like a holiday! but you're working towards something at the same time! what a lovely way to spend your time :)

anyways. that's my dream and my plan. and you just watch me realise it :)

Back