My favorite book shop gets better

I browse the bookshops then order any I want through our local Council library. Naturally with a new popular title there may be a wait, but as I work in a school library I have no shortage of reading material.

Cost = 80c per title delivered to my nearest library.
Marg

Sure, there are delivery charges, but if you're buying several books, Amazon kicks the crap out of Borders Australia.

I agree, I've always found Amazon to be the best. I took up reading about two years ago, and have found the best way is to order a number of books at once from Amazon, even with the postage it's always worked out much cheaper for me. Once I've read them, I then sell them on ebay.com.au for almost the same price I bought them from the US.

I just can't go down the whole library book avenue as I would refuse to read it in bed, and would wash my hands every time I touched it. :(

I'm with you Biggles ie washing the hands!!

That is hilarious, there is more than one of us! I'm always made out to feel like some sort of freak. :D

LMAO, we got ourselves two real live germophobes!

Yeah, I keep getting warned I border OCD and have to watch myself, I disagree. I'm just a clean freak and have been since a child. I don't don't do odd things like turn the lock 3 times like Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets but I have issues if anything is even slightly crooked or I see a piece of fluff on the carpet.

How on Earth do you go handling paper currency?

I don't think about it and wash my hands as soon as I get home, afterall it IS money... my want for $$$ overrides my clean freak obsession. ;)

The problem with avoiding germs so that the body doesnt get a chance to develop immnunities, properties to the germs. I think thats the reason we have all the modern things like gluten free, peanut allergies, etc.

You know we are animals.

do you carry the anti bacterial hand wash in your bag?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ beats them all hands down I reckon. They've had free shipping since.........forever(?), a long time anyway. Great prices and service too. Aussie $$$'s displayed on the page - no calculating or converting to do.

I've ordered quite a few books from them - secondhand ones at that - and what I've received are like brand new books!! I can't fault the books, service prices or delivery, anything in fact.

I think you'll find if you do a bit of price comparing on some random titles against a couple of sites mentioned here and the book depository, that the book depository will beat the others most (every?) times. Anyhoo each to their own.

Cheers
Olly

Back