My little girl's newly decorated toddler room

Angel, is it Helaina's room? If so, that room is very sophisticated and classy. imho, it would appeal to a large number of people: one, because it's basic colour scheme is black and white. It wouldn't be difficult to turn it into an adult's room or even a boy's room (by replacing the pink wallpaper); two, because it's a room that could take a child from toddler to teen. Not many children's rooms can do that.

Hi Property Girl, yes that is Helaina's room. She's already 19 months. I have no idea where the time has gone. Thanks so much for your feedback :) That wallpaper is really easy to remove as well as it's the removable kind.

Not sure about value as most of the properties we do either for ourselves or rentals are taken back to neutral tones so that they appeal to a wider market.

However for a toddler room it is just absolutely stunningly gorgeous. She will enjoy that for many years to come.

Not sure about value as most of the properties we do either for ourselves or rentals are taken back to neutral tones so that they appeal to a wider market.

However for a toddler room it is just absolutely stunningly gorgeous. She will enjoy that for many years to come.

She'll only get to enjoy it until maybe the end of the year as we are planning to sell. But she will get a new room when we we move to the new house and I will make sure that room is as cool :)

I still remember her room as a newborn, you're amazing! I wish I had the skill to do something like that!

Well done :)

Hi Lil Skater, I can't believe you still remember the nursery :)

You can def do something like it if you really want to. Just work out the essentials you need in the room, decide on the feel you want to create, pick main colours (keep 80% neutral) and go from there. The rest will fall into place.

You can bounce ideas with me anytime :)

Hi Lil Skater, I can't believe you still remember the nursery :)

You can def do something like it if you really want to.

How could I forget? It was amazing!

No, I really can't. I'm that poor sod that tries to copy something pretty from Pinterest, and then it turns out looking like an abomination. Exhibit A... (not actually by me, but not far off)

Attachments

• pinterest-fails-0.jpg
    pinterest-fails-0.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 86
lol, that cake is pretty funny. Kids don't mind though--if it tastes good they will eat it. I've had so many cooking flops it's not funny. At the moment we have an over-abundance of zucchini flowers. I have cooked them in every way possible--stuffed, baked, deep fried, savoury, sweet, battered, in cakes & muffins, stuffed & boiled like dumplings. The boiled were b a d.

No, I really can't. I'm that poor sod that tries to copy something pretty from Pinterest, and then it turns out looking like an abomination. Exhibit A... (not actually by me, but not far off)

LOL - absolutely me too.

thank god for the cheese cake shops :)

That cake would be me if I tried to bake. Even s ones are a bit of hit and miss for me :)

It's very cool.

Do you have a shop in Belco?

Cheers

Jamie

Hey Jamie, no I don't have a shop in Belconnen. I did help out designing their free/temporary kids space called the playhouse. We also got the opportunity to display some of our kids prints and the cloud lights. We've had really good feedback.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 80
That cake would be me if I tried to bake. Even s ones are a bit of hit and miss for me :)

Glad it isn't just me, although I do get better with practice.

Below photos are actually by me, attempt 1 and attempt 3 for Benji's 1st birthday.

I get itchy feet too quickly, but when I do fall in love with a house for a PPOR I think I'll need to hire an interior designer to make it look how I want it to in my head. Design is not my strong suit, neutral tones I'm great at!

Attachments

• Cake 1.jpg
    Cake 1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Cake.jpg
    Cake.jpg
    989.1 KB · Views: 90
Back