Name my business!

Couple of good ideas here, I like the theory behind names like 'Cheese' but don't think they suit businesses where there is a lot of trust involved, if people read your name and laugh - it's probably not a good thing!

Also, I think business names with buzzwords like Exceptional, Stirling, Platinum, Prime, Superior, Premium etc etc are a bit wanky and don't actually mean anything - just a word to fluff up your name.

I reckon the best is to put your own name on the line ie Thompson Property Management, or Smith Financial Services (unless your name is cheese :D). Makes it sound a little trustworthy and indicates a personal service. Just my opinion though...

Sleep Right Property Management
Sleep Tight PM
SANF Property Management
Safe as a House Property management

Just PM me for my banking details for the $200...:D

Whatever you do, Sam, don't include the words Discount, Cheap, Cut-price etc. Just asking for trouble from feral landlords who want everything for nothing :D

Hmmm it's a hard one as generally consumers don't shop on name but you want something that's easily found via google, is user-friendly, simple to remember and catchy enough NOT to have to spell on the phone!

I like the previous poster's idea of Surname Property Management however if you're likely to expand to include BA services you'll need to make it more generic. Can't think of anything amazing right now (it is 4pm already and the brain is in wind-down mode :p) but if I do, I'll let you know. Good on you for going out on your own- I'm sure with the two of you and the wealth of experience you'll be absolutely 100% successful :)

So what services will you be providing, just property management, or listing rentals/leases/bonds etc.....finding houses to rent. Will you be location based or flexible?

Will you also have a net business/website, so name needs to be memorable???

Hi Schweedy,

I'll be property management (residential - all parts), and buyers agency if I can get the right person :)

Yes definitely will have a website, Facebook and possibly Twitter so will need to be memorable and easy to spell.

How about "The Only Competent Property Manager in Melbourne Metro". That cant be taken since there are no other competent ones? :)

Ha! I'll take that compliment! :p

Whatever you do, Sam, don't include the words Discount, Cheap, Cut-price etc. Just asking for trouble from feral landlords who want everything for nothing

Thanks Jacque :)

I don't plan on being the cheapest out there, but I certainly aspire to be the best.

Jackbak - I agree about the buzz words.

The Fence - I like the SANF idea

eKwatee - Urban Manners I like as well as it's different

Pinkboy - I'm also not particularly creative with names either, thus this thread :eek:

Keep 'em coming!

What about Purple Property Services??

Management4U??

RentRite??

PropertiesDoneRight??

Thats a quick 5 min brainstorm, now I'll think about it a bit and see what else comes up

THankfully we are over the Rus phase so it won't be Rentals-R-Us - please don't call it iResidential

It needs to be easy to spell, easy to remember and not a wankfest.

Hmmmm

I like business names created around a colour/gemstone/metal as they give a visual clue to the brain for remembering. Eg

Orange Property Management
Red Residential Solutions (this is good if you do BA as well)
Platinum Residential Services
Diamond Property Solutions

"Purple Monkey Dishwasher" has a nice ring to it.
You could have a logo of a blue cat sitting in a wheelbarrow to show people you guys are different and stand out from the rest.

Last edited:
sticking with the sleep theme:

Sleep Ezy Property services
Rest Assured Property

And another inspired by Luce.Rocks last post:

Fecundity Property Service
???????????

I'll have to look that one up...:eek:

Alliance Property Services

Empire Management Services

Investor Property Solutions

Investment Property Solutions

Prime Property Services

Guardian Property Management

Sentinel Property Management

And for the last place prize....

Slumlord Services :D

Lime Property Services

You can get depreciator in to pick the colour scheme for the shopfront

In all seriousness thats actually not a bad name!

So there goes All the Goss. Or Gathering the Goss.

Sorry Geoff, I think one GG company is enough, even if GGA is no longer in the family :)

Plus another reason for nothing to do with the GG name is so it's easy to spell - just if anyone is curious as to why I don't want to put my name to it.

Last edited:
Alliance Property Services

Empire Management Services

Investor Property Solutions

Investment Property Solutions

Prime Property Services

Guardian Property Management

Sentinel Property Management

And for the last place prize....

Slumlord Services :D

almost all of these are also players in the property industry, except for the last one :p

Back