Name my business!

:). I give you permission to use our name :)

We are Abacus Screens ( you could be Abacus Property Management or Abacus Property Services)

Abacus is a great name because.....
Aba... Puts you at the top of most lists
The Chinese community love it

The tag line is. "count on us"

We use "count on us for..... (and then the list of services)
It becomes the header for most marketing.

The downside of Abacus.... It is surprising how many people have no idea what an abacus is. We get called a.back.us often.

Melbourne Asset Management

How about a posh name like many funds or fund managers use such as Tempelton or Grange Asset Management :D

Acorn Property Services

Complete Property Services

Constant Property Management

Clever Property Management

Property Solutions

Select Property Services

Shield Property Management

And a Last Place submission again..

Pineapple Property Services - Do the right thing!

TrustUs Property Services
The Best Property Services
TryUs First
Exclusive Property Services

Good Luck Sam, I know you will do well :)

Chris

That's good...

In the same theme, Rental as Anything

Rental as Anything is very good. I like it, especially if you're pitching at the inner 2-5 km rim, say Richmond, Fitzroy, Carlton, Brunswick, Northcote, Footscray, etc. It is quirky and catchy.

I am assuming that the establishment of this business will not be a "one-off" office, but rather the first of many expansions. If it is the former, nothing wrong with using your name and branding the PM and sales (or BA) side of the business as is the custom....using first and last names or just your last name. That assumes you will only be in one location/precinct.

Assuming you wish to roll-out several of these after a while, keep the name you choose generic. Branding, as you have come to realise, is very important.

Here's a couple you may consider:

Rent Smart
Smart Rent
Rent Easy (eezee)
Easy (eezee) Rent.

You need to keep it neutral from the perspective of both landlord and tenant. Both are your customers, so making the name/brand too landlord friendly to appeal to listings on your rent roll may be off-putting to the tenant for example.

Whatever you choose, run through the ASIC register and name search and establish your trading entity.

Have a read of the E-Myth by Michael Gerber if you haven't already. I know you are ambitious and have the fortitude and "go get 'em" attitude, so set this up right from the start as if you were setting up a franchise (system) to sell.

I have premises for you in Brunswick East if you wish :) ;)

or the GG name. Other than that suggest away!

Ready, and go!

I don't know what GG is, so perhaps I'm about to suggest it.

Don't go with anything place related. I've seen businesses called the 'roundabout cafe' look rather stupid when they put in traffic lights.

If you include an area, or what you do in the name it becomes problematic as you expand. I think you are from Melbourne. Imagine if you called yourself Prahran property management. You will have trouble opening office's outside of the area, and if you wanted to expand outside property management it would be even more difficult.

Maybe use your name, and if your name is not a good one, invent one...
Ray White
L.J. Hooker
Young
Prince
etc..

Player, hoping it won't be just the one office in the long run so definitely looking at keeping more or less generic :)

And hey, maybe one day I'll need an office in Brunswick ;)

I don't know what GG is, so perhaps I'm about to suggest it.

Ed, sorry perhaps I should clarify - GG being Gatherum-Goss my surname :)

No idea if it's taken, but how about Homes Alone (assuming you're sticking to residential).

Logo of 'someone other than McCauley Culkin' slapping their face, with the following type of blurb -

Scared of going it alone in buying a property? Let us help you
Join our family of clients - we won't leave you behind.
Don't be left behind - get into property now.
Take the worry out of buying/renting.
Want to buy a property but you're scared of going it alone? We can help.
Scared of being left behind in the property market?

And so on..........................

PM me for my bank details :D

Rental as Anything is a registered trade mark. It's due for renewal at the end of january so if the owner doesn't renew it, it would be a great brand to own. I'd do some googling to see if the owner is still around. Happy to help out with the searching if u like.

Back