Napoleon Hill - What is the 'secret'

simonjulie said:
Good stuff ren-A
I'm gonna print that out and put it on the fridge door.
regards
Simon
Why not put it inside the fridge?

Now that's food for thought!

Last edited:
markpatric said:
I just read all about the secret and it seems it will remain one.
Call me negative but I feel this is yet another marketing exercise aimed squarely at creating great wealth for the founders, while instilling a false hope in the minds of millions only to leave the vast majority with the false belief that they simply have the inability to apply the principles because they will not accept the principles or they will not do this or that.
It is the equivalent of telling someone to flap thier arms and fly, then telling them they need to pay a fee in order to learn the proper techniques to move thier arms quicker and to learn to truly believe they will get liftoff.
All the doubters get on with thier life, all the while being referred to as quitters by the positive minded throng who become babbling backslapping idiots, all the while paying a huge fee for the privilege.
Hi Negative

I guess you would have to change your way of thinking to have any chance of learning "the secret".

Not all proponents of NH become babbling backslapping idiots. As a matter of fact I haven't met any.

If you believe in something it's not a bad way to live. What do you believe in Mark?

If you had such a secret why would you need to make a tv show out of it?.
Why keep people waiting even a day when you can spread such incredible abundance in the world right now when there is so much apathy and unhappiness in the world.

Why is it that you need to pay money in order to learn the secret?, I guess it takes money to make money.:rolleyes:

Hi all,

I just had a look at "thesecret" website. I know of the work and have been to some of the the expensive seminars offered by the teachers mentioned.

It is not just persistence, but motivation and a get up and go attitude, never give up etc.....

I just can't be bothered right now.:D :D

bye

I think the secret is mindset.

Those with it have a much better idea of where they're heading than those without it.

Just my 10c, my 2c is free.

Guys
to tell u the truth, there is no "ONE" secret, or "THE" secret.

Success is not accidental. Success is also not an effect of a single cause.

It is a combination of
Persistence
Mindset
Faith
Mastermind
Passionate Energy (what hill calls Sex Transmutation)
Imagination (subconscious autosuggestion)
etc

They all are interdependent on each other

"For" or "From" - That is the secret

Hi there,

I am new at the forum, but I may be able to shed some light on this incredible thread.

This is so profound, that many miss it.

The Church has led us to believe as Christians that we must live "for" heaven, but in fact the whole bible is about living "from" heaven. The Apostles were sponges when with Jesus, but when He left them, they were empowered by the Holy Spirit, and started living "from" heaven, performing all the same miracles as Jesus. The Holy Spirit provided insight into the reality that "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven" means that God wants heaven to be a reality on earth, but it requires us to repent (change the way we think).

Now how does this relate to wealth creation?

The same principle applies. Above is the higher principle of the universe, this one just follows universal truth. In order to first become wealthy, you must first live "from" wealth, not "for" wealth. When this change of thought happens, all the "things" you need to make your goals come true come to you. It is just plain amazing how the right people you need come into your life.

Now that is "supernatural", and that is the secret.

I believe the path to wealth is the one where the grass is least trampled. Follow the masses, and the wall is close. There are few that ever really get the truth, because it cannot be discovered, it must be revealed. No amount of magic pill or success formula will ever have the truth discovered. There is NO formula, only revelation. That revelation, when it comes, is the truth for YOU!

Keep up the great work everyone, I look forward to some fun here.

This thread is a revelation in itself. Human nature is amazing in that we want to know how things work. I believe many know this secret, and I believe Napoleon Hill avoided writing it in clear caps because few would have believed it anyway, without having experienced the results first hand, not to mention the probability he would have been ostracised in some circles for promoting the use of the" supernatural ". He was only using natural laws, but he knew how super the natural could be.

So, here we all are, with ( TAGR) the whole toolbox and step by step instructions on how to achieve the incredible results some people barely dare to dream of, , and everyone agrees it works when applied and followed, many have domne it, and still we say there is a secret .
I guess it's like stepping off the cliff hanging onto the hang glider, steering it around by moving the body weight and the bar as per the instructions, achieving the incredible journey, with no knowledge of the physics of flight, not a clue about aeronautics, and landing on the beach, asking, " what's the secret " ? .

Hope everyone gets to enjoy it.
cheers
crest133

Back