Nathan on Today Tonight

The argument has now morphed to Nathan deciding to go onto TT not about his property investment success. Strange. What an Australian trait - anyone who is promoted or even promotes their own deserved success is castigated for talking about it.

Bluey, if its your style and personality trait to not choose to go onto TT (and maybe TT have no interest in speaking to you either), or talk about your investing experiences, then your attempt to undermine and associate Nathan with the 'evil property spruikers' tag or the supposed SS property bull zeitgeist, is tiresome and more a reflection on you.

Your attempts to confuse arguments, deliberately infuse those with irrelevancies and misconstrue most threads, is your lasting legacy to SS. Congrats.

I'm waiting for the TT followup where RH sees the show, goes postal and holds 10 people hostage in penrith shopping centre until nathan provides solid evidence. It's sort of like the 2012 presidency with trump asking obama to show that damn birth certificate.

All I said was that like at a dinner party, no-one likes the guy who always boasts about how much property they have, or how much they are worth.
You're right, a lot of Australians around with tall poppy syndrome. That's their problem.

Yeah, lets just ban everyone on Somersoft who does not tow the property spruiker line. Start your little communist state on here.
Have you been to the Property Market economics section recently? Sure there are a few still towing the 'property isn't going down everywhere' line, but overall I would say the sentiment is quite bearish.

By the way for those that missed it on TV, it's up on the website:
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/

I'm waiting for the TT followup where RH sees the show, goes postal and holds 10 people hostage in penrith shopping centre until nathan provides solid evidence.
lol classic

I'm waiting for the TT followup where RH sees the show, goes postal and holds 10 people hostage in penrith shopping centre until nathan provides solid evidence. It's sort of like the 2012 presidency with trump asking obama to show that damn birth certificate.

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a week!!!!

and Nathan - excellent. Good for you. I love to see soemone having a go and doing well.

Nathan, well done & congratulations on your achievements mate.

You are a true inspiration, not just to the younger newer investors either.

I seen previewed 3o minutes before it aired and I thought I bet it is that guy Nathan from SS :) Well done!

It was a positive spin and maybe inspire new buyers to the otherwise slow market lately.

You people still watch TT? I'm either working or playing Dustbowl or Hoodoo on TF2.

I didn't see the article but Nathan seems to be a man on a mission and has a lot of energy so good luck to him I say. I welcome his contributions to the forum.

For those of us who are publicity shy it does not do well to criticize those who aren't- each to their own.

Nathan's real challenge is yet to come- how to deal with all the hangerons looking for part of the action.

Nathan i think u lose a bit of credibility when u say u r not trying to sell anything.

Nothing wrong with promoting ur products and urself, airtime on prime time TV is worth a fortune, a great effort being on there. No need to defend what u r doing just embrace it

Aussie John, Gerry Harvey, Dick Smith etc built their brand with massive media exposure. They in effect were/are the brand.

The ability to play the media game properly can be worth Hundreds of Millions. If you capitalize on it effectively the income generated will mean Nathan's current investments will look like chump change and he can move into a completely different stratosphere.

BTW i hate those crappy shows, that story was all fluff and sensationalism, they could have made it so much more interesting and educational about how Nathan does some of the deals, before and after shots etc but I guess they have to aim at their audience's "intelligence". As for Melissa Opie why the hell was she in it? It was a story about Nathan and then out of nowhere 30 seconds of her talking about her strategy which is completely different to Nathan's but they tried to combine the two as education. Just rubbish..... Stepping off soapbox now....

However that is not Nathan's fault that TT and CA can't put a story together. If you want to reach the masses you have to appear on these type of shows that are widely watched. Many many brands have made a fortune by favorable stories on these shows.

One possible problem is that TT and CA like to attack each others stories and if u ever watched the brilliant show 'Frontline' they showed this perfectly.
Nathan might appear on CA next week walking in slow motion in black and white with alarming music playing in background. A collection of "experts" stating how he is destroying the great Australian dream and then to finish off a young couple with 2.3 kids standing out the front of a house saying they will never be able to buy one like this and it's all Nathan's fault and he is there landlord and keeps putting up the rent!

Nathan I think u need to be a bit careful as there r some crazy people in the lunatic left and on their websites and u will be a target from now on so be careful of that. Personally I don't think I would want the exposure like that and to take away the freedom however I completely understand y u do.

Your 25 and have some massive goals and dreams and that involves building brand Nathan and becoming a mogul on a national stage.

Apart from being a bit more open with your intentions I say good luck and go for it!!

Cheers BT

Thanks again everyone.

I guess you now know who/what RH is :)

Just to clarify when I say I am not out to sell anything. I do have services to offer, I am not out there on TT and the likes with a "Oh join up today for this" it isnt my style and I have never said it on here, I have never said it in any media appearances.

The apperances are just for motivtion and sharing that things can be done, that is all I was reffering to. I have many different things out there and I have many differet things on the boil coming in to the market over the course of the next 12-18 months.

Nath.

Destroying a young couples dream??...if they did a show like that...my response would be touch t**ties.

I remember being called a "*******" at an auction because I was trumping 2 young couples with $500 bids. This sort of woe is me thinking is rubbish. We better get over it and start competing because countries like India and China will eat us breakfast.

I agree about being in limelight....people like the ATO and other authorities also like watching.....if you have skeletons in closet they have a nasty habit surfacing.

Nathan might appear on CA next week walking in slow motion in black and white with alarming music playing in background. A collection of "experts" stating how he is destroying the great Australian dream and then to finish off a young couple with 2.3 kids standing out the front of a house saying they will never be able to buy one like this and it's all Nathan's fault and he is there landlord and keeps putting up the rent!

Nathan I think u need to be a bit careful as there r some crazy people in the lunatic left and on their websites and u will be a target from now on so be careful of that. Personally I don't think I would want the exposure like that and to take away the freedom however I completely understand y u do.

Cheers BT

BT, I beg to differ. It's far more often the lunatic right that harbours the sort of person you are warning Nathan about.

On a lighter note, I reckon Nathan might get a few more propositions from the ladies than he's ready for! :rolleyes:

Why the hell are people bagging Nathan? Personally, I take a different approach, and read only a few of his detailed posts, but how the heck is he doing anything wrong? Who's it hurting? It sure isn't hurting anyone as far as I can see.

Nathan - do what you do. Ignore the haters mate.

Back