Naughty naughty - new car time

One thing on the GOLF GTI its needs an oil service every 60,000kms which costs about $400 bucks, the oil itself costs about $200. But their a great ride! I love mine!!

Good news - I just got back from placing my order! I was sure to negotiate, and got a very good price.

Now I just to remain patient for 4-6 weeks...

If acceleration above 70km/hr is important go and have a look at the Mazda 3 MPS.

You need to spend over $100k for something to beat it in 3rd.

It is quicker than the golf. Does not beat the WRX off the line but starts catching it after that.

I could not bring myself to buy a WRX or GTI. To many around and the stigmar around the WRX I did not like, I wanted something different.

P.S the writer of these comments drives a current Mazda 3 MPS.

Look the MPS's certainly go hard, but the WRX became what it is because it is a top, refined overall package. In every day driving, the WRX's off-the-mark performance is far more useful than getting from 70-150 in no time in the MPS. I used to own a FWD car with similar specs to the MPS that absolutely obliterated anything once I was in 2nd gear. But as soon as there is wet weather, they are next to useless and I would own the WRX over it for overall safety/grip/traction/practicality any day.

Absolutely still respect the MPS all the way though, a fantastic car if you just want to sit on a freeway and overtake V8s :p

well done , this would be your reward , whats the point of having millions in IPS and living like a pauper all your life , ballance is the hardest thing to challange .

Absolutely 500% correct.

This is what so many "poor" property investors don't realise.

Life is to be lived.

Gotta love the wrx's! Hubby had one about seven years ago and we had another one up until about a year and a half ago. Second one was a sports wagon which was brilliant in terms of space - even spent a couple of weekends sleeping in it at races when it was too wet to pitch the tent.

One thing though - if you're in Canberra we had terrible experiences with a dealership in woden valley. We ended up getting all the servicing done at a non subaru badged mechanic in Belco (depsite living in Weston Creek). I know of several others who had similar experiences at Woden as well.

I drive a VW R32 DSG. Love the sound!
Its 3 years old now and just about to run out of its factory warranty. I've just bought another 3 years of factory warranty.
I've had one issue with the DSG - mechatonics module had to be replaced under warranty. Otherwise no problems so far.
I plan to drive it for another 2-3 years before getting something else.

1. Resale value
2. DSG is a life time sealed unit, if anything goes wrong with it, it's going to be expensive.
3. Warranty is with VW and not the dealership (extension of the factory warranty)

For the R32, RRP is $3500 for 3 years or 60,000 additional KMs which ever comes first and dependent of the mileage of your car. But I got it for $2500 from the same dealership I bought the car from.

Only naughty if you can't afford it and the car represents a huge % of your income. Whose naughty in this scenario? Investor (A) who makes $2mill/year income and buys a Lambo for $300k, or investor (B) who earns $100k/year and buys a $50k car?

Obviously investor B is naughtier because the car represents a larger percentage of their annual income (50% vs 15%)...

Personally I think both investors A and B aren't yet rich enough to go splurging on such wasteful indulgences!

To the OP: remember to enjoy your new car!

By the way, motorbikes are cheaper and go faster! :)

Congrats on the nice new car

The new WRX's are really nice to drive & look real neat. Would love to have a new WRX or Golf Gti (or MPS or Evo for that matter).

But Ill have to stick to my old 75 Blown 350 chev street/strip Torana for now, it goes OK :)

Which mechanic in Belco did you use?

Used both at 86 nettlefold - the red bull was used more often. Both were up front if the problem was out of their league (more apt with our current landcruiser troopie). Also didn't mind me bugging them with questions and even put up with a female wandering through the workshop! :)

Used both at 86 nettlefold - the red bull was used more often. Both were up front if the problem was out of their league (more apt with our current landcruiser troopie). Also didn't mind me bugging them with questions and even put up with a female wandering through the workshop! :)

Excellent, thanks :)

Back