Navra Course - SYDNEY PROPERTY

Hi Everyone,

Well my year kicks off at last . . . !!

I am starting the year with two courses:

1) Optimised Inv Structure - (normal course) however the major emphasis is that SYDNEY Property is VIABLE again!!

I will be discussing in some detail the state of the Syd property market, Rental Reality and the opportunity (and necessity) to start planning now for Sydney purchases. The timing is VERY SIMILAR to 1991 / 2 and these of us who entered the Sydney market then, gained the maximum benefit.

Where: Sydney
Date: Saturday 4 Mar 2006
Sunday 5 Mar 2006
Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Venue: Vibe Hotel, Milsons Point

http://www.navra.com.au/index.asp?content=courses

Or Contact Serey Mam 02 9087 1812

2) Optimising Tax Structure:

See next post . . . this is about the most tax effective structure I have yet come accross!!

The first course (exclusive for select existing clients is sold out) The response from clients to date has been irrisistible . . . everyone, including myself finds paying NO TAX very satisfying :)

I will run many of these "Tax minimisation" courses in all the centres this year . . . see next post for details and also I will post a thread on the actual structure some time later today.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome back to the forum. It is nice to see you here again and I hope that your return is not just limited to posting your seminars but to contributing your valuable insights and knowledge.

Dale

DaleGG said:
but to contributing your valuable insights and knowledge.

It would be good if Steve could leave all his posts on the forum rather than having them deleted at some future point as well :)

duncan_m said:
It would be good if Steve could leave all his posts on the forum rather than having them deleted at some future point as well :)

Can you explain what you mean by 'having them deleted at some future point as well'

WillG said:
Can you explain what you mean by 'having them deleted at some future point as well'
I think Duncan is refering to probably the best thread of last year, the Navra "chapters" thread.

mdk92 said:
I think Duncan is refering to probably the best thread of last year, the Navra "chapters" thread.

Didn't Steve like what he wrote in the thread or am I missing something ?

I guess Steve wants to reserve the content exclusively for his clients or for members at his investED site. Info re LOE has also been deleted from Navra's website a while back.

duncan_m said:
Correct.. this thread : http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19649

All of the great content provided by Steve has been deleted.. The phrase "Indian Giver" springs to mind.

C'mon Dunc, there's almost 20,000 words about living on equity in the articles available on InvestEd with 2 more exciting instalments to come... surely the modest fee for InvestEd to access that sort of "best post of the year" level of content is small price to pay (less than 1.5c per word in fact :D )

ps. sorry for the shameless plug. ;)

Cheers
N.

duncan_m said:
Correct.. this thread : http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19649

All of the great content provided by Steve has been deleted.. The phrase "Indian Giver" springs to mind.

mmm. I see. That certainly was an interesting thread. The reason post was deleted is interesting "This message has been deleted by Sim. Reason: Deleted on request".

This all just adds to the mystique of the mysterious teachings of the investing guru 'Steve Navra'

Hi Gang,

Personally I think it goes against the spirit of this forum to more or less withdraw from contributing except to promote one's business interests.

It would be interesting to see what the Moderator's views are?

Regards - Gordon

austini said:
Hi Gang,

Personally I think it goes against the spirit of this forum to more or less withdraw from contributing except to promote one's business interests.

It would be interesting to see what the Moderator's views are?

Regards - Gordon
I agree!

Steve has been a long time member of the forum & given freely of his time with some helpful posts & that in turn, I'm sure, helped his business along. However, to pull posts that were written and given freely so as to be a benefit to all just so that people will now have to pay for the same information is just not good etiquette.

Now that he has many clients, and a "pay to use" forum of his own, it seems that he doesn't want to know about anyone unless they become a member of his forum and the only posts that are coming from him are advertisements for his services.

If a new member did this it would be frowned upon. Why is it then that he is able to get away with it?

Not trying to cause trouble, but I don't mind (and I'm sure many others don't either) if forum members do a little self promotion with their Business interests, so long as they are active forum members who give freely of their time to help others. I feel it is wrong, however, if the only time someone is posting on the forum is to promote their Business.

DaleGG said:
Hi Steve

Welcome back to the forum. It is nice to see you here again and I hope that your return is not just limited to posting your seminars but to contributing your valuable insights and knowledge.

Dale

Well said Dale!

Steve, as always, I look forward to what you have to say on the structures. You'll wear out my refresh button!

Regards,

David.

Hi All

This issue I have been considering for awhile actually....

OK, firstly I have a lot of respect for Steve Navra, Sim, NickM, Nigel, Jacque, & the Invested team ....and I wish them all the best with their endevours and Invested's success.

As a client of Strategic Wealth & NickM, I was provided with 6 months complimentary access to Invested which I monitor from time to time to see if there are any interesting threads/articles etc which there are often some good posts.

......but I continue to prefer and love Somersoft.

I log in every day, get excited to read new posts, to contribute from time to time, and share experiences with other investors. Not to say that you can't do the same with Invested but you do have to pay $275 for the privalege. If I review the membership benefits at Invested I can see no real differences accept read articles from the professionals who run Invested and the fact that NickM and Steve Navra & others read and respond to posts. Now if I was blown away by Invested, I might have joined up, but the truth is I am not.

On this forum, there are a number of highly experienced Accountants, Financial Planners, Mortgage Brokers, Lawyers etc who frequent the forum and give freely of there time and experience. This to me is the genuine beauty of this forum, to give to others but expecting nothing in return.

I read the LOE equity posts at the time, and I was appalled by Bill's posts to Steve and was really annoyed that it all went so far. I think if Steve had not been the recipient of such harsh posts from Bill and a few others, he may still be part of this forum and may not have retracted his posts, at the time it was significantly valuable Intellectual Property (IP). So I don't blame Steve from starting his own forum due to what happened. Duncan, others, I say that it is okay for Steve to retract his posts. He was put in the position to defend his significant knowledge & experience and his opinion which therefore I don't blame him for doing so. I do feel a bit funny about Steve continueing to post on Somersoft about his courses etc, in my opinion he should be an active member or choose not to post at all.

So, I do wish Invested all the best, and perhaps over time as membership increases and they can fund site enhancements and improvements then I would be the first to re-assess my current opinion and would be open to joining. But as it stands now, I will continue to be an active contributor and advocate of Somersoft.

Group hug all :)

Best Wishes

Corsa

Great post Corsa. I'd just like to add a very big thankyou to the moderators of the forum who we know give a lot of their time to maintain the quality of forum content. Without the moderators maintaining the professionalism of the forum, it would probably be full of junk like a lot of other free forums.

Well done to all, keep up the great work.

Hi all,

Corsa,

I read the LOE equity posts at the time, and I was appalled by Bill's posts to Steve and was really annoyed that it all went so far.

I think if Steve had not been the recipient of such harsh posts from Bill and a few others, he may still be part of this forum and may not have retracted his posts

Do you care to elaborate?? by posting an example of any of these nasty posts by me in any LOE thread?? Or do you just not want the truth get in the way of a good story??

bye

P.S. If you look carefully enough, you will find that the last positive contributions Steve made were in a thread I started, after all the LOE threads had long passed.

Considering SN has deleted much of what many valued from the forum, I wonder how newer forumites can get the man's measure. It must be that the advertising isn't aimed at newer forumites.

Incidentally, does anyone else think Sydney property is ready to move upwards?

I have seen signs in the outer burbs of Brisbane since October last year that prices are pushing up, following rent rises. I said then that I believe it is first home buyers coming back into the market, and diehard PIers still trying to get a retirement portfolio together.

Could it be that Sydney isn't going to lead Australia this time? After all, is population pressure as big a driver in Sydney this time around?
And how many people would have been able to accumulate equity enough for a deposit for a Sydney house in the last 3 years of flat growth?
And is Sydney leading Australia regarding wages pressure? I would have thought not, considering mining's where its at, and the domestic economy is still getting used to its prosthesis.

Bill.L said:
Hi all,

Corsa,

Do you care to elaborate?? by posting an example of any of these nasty posts by me in any LOE thread?? Or do you just not want the truth get in the way of a good story??

Bill,

If no one else is going to say anything , there was a link to a very derogatory thread on another forum , totally unrelated to Steve , however by implication and placement you were suggesting that that was what Steve does. Which it wasn't.

If you can't recall the circumstances , it was after that one highly inflammatory post that Steve announced his intention to withdraw from the forum.

My understanding was that , while Steve got frustrated with the constant questioning of his methods by yourself ( and me amongst others ) , he was prepared to be involved in the ongoing debate about his methods. At one of the SSG gatherings he told me that the questioning had actually helped him further develop his ideas.

It was the posting of what was essentially ( please not I'm not a lawyer ...:) )a libelous post that cause his withdrawl. Understandably that post was deleted and is no longer on the forum , but it was there , and I'm sure you remember it.

See Change

see_change said:
If you can't recall the circumstances , it was after that one highly inflammatory post that Steve announced his intention to withdraw from the forum.

My understanding was that , while Steve got frustrated with the constant questioning of his methods by yourself ( and me amongst others ) , he was prepared to be involved in the ongoing debate about his methods.

I'll second that See Change

That's the way I remember it too and was quite disgusted at the treatment Steve received from Bill in particular. It was bad enough to drive him to start his own forum and those of us at Somersoft are now missing Steve's, IMHO, invaluable imput.

I'm sure Bill remembers it as well. You don't write comments like that and forget them. It's a good thing the Mods did delete them. If that sort of trash was allowed on the forum most of us wouldn't be here.

I personally rated that LOE thread as the best of 2005 as it opened a whole new side of investing I'd never dreamed of. I'm just glad I saved the 5 chapters so that I can still refer to them.

Back