Navra Course - SYDNEY PROPERTY

Sultan of Swing said:
I remember it too and was quite disgusted at the treatment Steve received from Bill in particular.

It is clear there are still 2 camps on the thread in question. I don't believe it is fair to make comments (like the one above) without clear examples. It is great that people have personal opinions but this forum is about property investing, not a schoolyard game where little Johnny is pissed off with little Peter.

Bill and Steve clearly have different investing techniques but everybody has the right to ask questions(after all it is a public forum) without it turning into a boxing match. I believe the moderators will identify posts that are clearly intended to 'cause trouble'. I don't recall any of the posts in 'THE THREAD' being removed by moderators.

I am looking forward to some contructive comments

Incidentally, does anyone else think Sydney property is ready to move upwards?

Yes

I have several friends who are RE agemts in the Eastern Burbs and they have been quite busy since the New Year & are quite positive.

IMO I think its a good time to buy Sydney RE it has certainly pulled back but there seems to be a few more buyers coming into the market. I guess seeing that the Reserve Bank hasn't put up rates it could be seen as good value.

Greg

"It was bad enough to drive him to start his own forum "

I would have thought/hoped that investED was formed as a BUSINESS decision not because Steve got upset from a debate. I would give Steve more credit than that.

Back to Steve's course, if it is not aimed at new forumites, do you think many people who have been to the course before, would go to hear it again because of the additional topic re. Sydney market ?

thefirstbruce said:
Incidentally, does anyone else think Sydney property is ready to move upwards?

Yes, very good question and worth discussing.

I'm assuming if Steve thinks it's a good time then areas must be approaching or in the Rental Reality parameters. Has anyone done the figures?

Personally I'm hoping if Sydney is the first to go as usual that should be my key to get into Melbourne again. BTW - how would we all define 'things are moving again'... 3 quarters or growth?

Hi all,

See-ch,

The thread you mentioned, was cut off before I had a final chance to explain. The link referred to was only part of what I was trying to explain, but did not get the opportunity to follow up. I will wait until about 18 months into the next stockmarket downturn to explain fully what I was going to say. I think people may be a little more receptive then. I did explain further in a few replies to some nasty PM's I received at the time, but I have not heard anything back from those people.

Apologies to those who have no idea what we are talking about, but it was not in a LOE thread, but was part of the "navra strategy" therefore that is what the connection is.

I do not, and have not personally attacked/flamed posters on this forum.
However I have produced many different arguments against what many regard "can't lose" strategies. I only do it to make people think more about their actions and possible outcomes, before jumping into an investment.

Corsa dragged it up again, but if I am really the reason(and not the excuse) for Steve leaving, then why did he choose to post in a thread I started with some useful information??

The other question remains of this thread. What are the moderators views as to advertising instead of contributing??

bye

I enjoy all posts by Steve Navra as usually I learn something, if it is important enough to me then I keep some sort of reference.
As for Steve deleting his posts, that's ok by me.
If what I read was important enough to me then I would contact him directly to follow it up.
If anyone else wishes to delete their posts that's fine by me too.
I would prefer him to post and delete than not post at all, that also goes for what Bill L posts too.

thefirstbruce said:
Considering SN has deleted much of what many valued from the forum, I wonder how newer forumites can get the man's measure. It must be that the advertising isn't aimed at newer forumites.
Ditto, my exact thoughts 2 weeks ago when i found the post ( disapointed)

Hi

Just an observation out of idle curiosity.....

It appears that the kudos for posts have been retained despite those posts being deleted.

Surely, if all the posts are deleted, the benefits brought to the community are all lost and the credibility from the accumulated kudos should also be lost, too....

Does this seem right?

Dale

Sounds fair and logical to me - Gordon

DaleGG said:
Hi

Just an observation out of idle curiosity.....

It appears that the kudos for posts have been retained despite those posts being deleted.

Surely, if all the posts are deleted, the benefits brought to the community are all lost and the credibility from the accumulated kudos should also be lost, too....

Does this seem right?

Dale

Re: Kudos - that's a quirk of the forum software, and something I hadn't realised.

I'll have the system remove Steve's kudos, since he really didn't like them in the first place.

In relation to Steve's posts in Meeting point - we generally allow them because they are courses specifically of interest to property investors, and are not overly expensive (indeed they are really cheap compared to most 2 day courses you might attend - and are run on a cost-recovery basis).

This has long been the policy here in relation to meeting point.

If you don't like Steve or his courses, feel free to hit the "ignore" button ... that's what it is there for.

I see the vanishing posts as a lose-lose situation, nobody benefits.

Also I like knowing about courses and seminars, upcoming books and the like so self promotion of your services is just fine in meeting point or along with content in general property, thats more like win-win.

He Everyone . . .

Just some thoughts:

I haven't been posting much on either Somersoft or on InvestEd!

Reasons:

1) Court case regarding custody of my children. (Which took priority over ALL business activities . . . thank goodness I won the case :))

2) Launch of the American Fund . . . PDS and compliance is a HUGE task.

3) Development of the Tax Optimisation product . . . which I believe will revolutionise all forum members views on investing. (PDS and ATO product approval . . . another huge task)

4) Development of two further business ventures within the Navra Group stable.

5) Eye problem . . . requiring surgery in a few weeks time and I am really struggling to read.

In short . . . I have been busy, beyond the term reference of this word!

I expect final ATO and ASIC approval of the new product within weeks...............and once received, I WILL SHARE the workings of the product with Somersoft members.

Sincerely,
Steve

Steve Navra said:
I expect final ATO and ASIC approval of the new product within weeks...............and once received, I WILL SHARE the workings of the product with Somersoft members.

cool :)

Steve Navra said:
He Everyone . . .

Just some thoughts:

I haven't been posting much on either Somersoft or on InvestEd!

Reasons:

1) Court case regarding custody of my children. (Which took priority over ALL business activities . . . thank goodness I won the case :))

Congratulations on this front...and the rest of your activities of course, but I can understand how this would take priority above all else!!

Yes Steve, nice to hear that you got the desired result....and quite understandable why you have not been posting much on either site.
Take care.:)
David.

see_change said:
My understanding was that , while Steve got frustrated with the constant questioning of his methods by yourself ( and me amongst others ) , he was prepared to be involved in the ongoing debate about his methods. At one of the SSG gatherings he told me that the questioning had actually helped him further develop his ideas.
SC,

It'd be interesting to know what questioning helped develop his ideas, and maybe even some acknowledgement from him.

KJ

I was disappointed when all of Steve's content was removed from the LOE thread and packaged up into a locked thread of it's own. By removing half of the discussion the original LOE thread no longer made sense. So anyone wanting to understand the risks of using LOE as prescribed by Steve would be v. confused.

It appeared to regarded by some as one of the best threads of 2005.

A better solution the mods could have taken would have been to duplicate the Steve 'chapters' into a new thread & retain his posts in the LOE thread. Then a condensed version of Steves methods would be available, and also a thread containing the risks and rebuttals of using Steves LOE strategies.

At the time it felt to me that he couldn't take the criticisms and seperating out his chapters was a neat way of decoupling his content from the criticisms.

If anyone wants the whole of the original LOE thread I have a local copy somewhere - PM me. Call me cynical but I actually anticipated something like that happening.

KJ

G'day Keithj,
I found this an interesting observation
Keithj said:
At the time it felt to me that he couldn't take the criticisms and seperating out his chapters was a neat way of decoupling his content from the criticisms.
I found it interesting in this way - I watched as the chapters unfolded. Each chapter was a mammoth task in itself. And, after each chapter emerged, the argy-bargy evolved along with it. As I recall, Steve would address the criticisms of each chapter at the time.

Then another chapter...... and more of the same.

I don't see it the way you do though - Steve was putting it out there, and then standing by each chapter as it unfolded. We got to see all 5 chapters... over time. And saw the criticisms, also over time. He didn't take his bat and ball, but just stood by his posts.

I just don't see how your comment fits with the reality I saw, Keith. Or am I misunderstanding what it is you're saying? Care to elaborate?

Regards,

Edited later:- On a reread, I think I now understand, Keith. I bolded your comment "separating out his chapters" as this choice of words is what had confused me. Your meaning was "deleted his chapters" - and now I understand where you're coming from. And, yes, I agree that the resulting thread (without the chapters) is a lame duck compared to what it had been..... Others had said "probably the best thread of 2005" - can't think of a better one.

Hey, Steve, it'd be nice to have it back again - how about it? Can the best thread of 2005 live again?

Last edited:
Back