Navra fund performance update

I would have *bumped* the old thread, as I promised Tibor I would do every couple of months, but the old thread is closed.

You can check the performance online at www.navrainvest.com.au

Although it's still early days in this financial year the fund has outperformed the index by 2.84% to date after provisioning for the performance fee. Altho the index is about 0.5% under water at present.

not a bad result so far for the lazy investor... ;)

Disclaimer - i've got units in the fund and shares in the manager...

Cheers
N.

So what does this mean in laymans terms Nigel??

YTD PERFORMANCE* AS AT 26 AUG 2004

Retail Fund: 1.71% Wholesale Fund: 1.81%

- Is that the return? St George is offering 5.25% :D Actually..can you expandon your post, many thanks REDWING

Redwing,

redwing said:

- Is that the return? St George is offering 5.25%
St George's rate is per annum, while I gather the Navra fund figure is for less than two months.

GP

redwing said:
So what does this mean in laymans terms Nigel??

- Is that the return? St George is offering 5.25% :D Actually..can you expandon your post, many thanks REDWING

GreatPig has said it all.

Although I should correct that as at yesterday I think the figure is 3.15% out performance with an index at -0.2%

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the update, I am also looking at regularly the website.

I think it is going well albeit not spectacular, but the market did not have any great dip (at least 10%) when the fund should start to shine, due to its investment strategy.

I am basically happy with the results to date, but the real test will come when some real or imagined fear will force the index down by 10%. At that time an dimmediately after recovery the fund should start to show excellent gains.

I guess I just have to be paitent, but as I remember the reccomended investment time frame is 5 years.

Tibor said:
I think it is going well albeit not spectacular . . .

Hi Tibor and Forum,

Latest figures are as follows:

YTD PERFORMANCE AS AT 2 SEP 2004
Retail Fund: 3.24% Wholesale Fund: 3.33%
(AFTER ALL FEES)

Navra Blue Chip Australian Share
Wholesale Fund (accumulated) YTD

S&P/ASX 200 Price Index 1.63%
Gross Fund Performance 4.29%
Gross Fund Out Performance 2.66%

Performance Fee 0.96%
Management Fee 0
TOTAL FEES 0.96%

Comment:
Index at 1.63% and fund at 4.29% (2.63X index this Fin year)

Pretty spectacular . . . to me :)

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

To see the difference in your Fund Performance vs the ASX200, it what probably be easier for many if you reintroduced the ASX200 comparision Chart that you previously had displayed on website.

Just an idea..............

:)

Glebe said:
Mr Navra,

You may like to have graphs like this:

Hi Glebe,

Yes I would love to!! :D

My long term personal average is better than these figures, using the NavTraDE System . . . however, as far as the Navrainvest Funds go, I can only show the short term results that the Fund has actually achieved.

We create our history day by day . . . again only time will tell.

I expect to exceed the excellent returns as per your post, as might be reflected by future returns.

As always, I prefer to remain understated and let the results speak for themselves.

My sincerity is reflected in the zero entrance AND exit fees, and the only cost to my investors is a performance fee if we exceed the index.

Regards,

Steve

Hi all,

From what I can remember from the Navra course I attended last year, Steve was saying that one idea of the fund was to place $$$ into the fund for short term periods.
Eg. Draw equity from investment loan, place into fund, when $$$ in fund allows another property to be purchased draw out of fund and place into investment property. Presuming that a property could be purchased every six years of so with this idea, how can the fund help if the minimum recomended investment period is five years?

Just asking because I might be selling my PPOR shortly and will need to place the equity into something until I purchase a different PPOR. Note- Current PPOR probably wouldn't suit me as an investment property due to location and building design.

p.s. I do have some $$$ in the fund and feel good about current performance.
Cya
Wayne

Bear924 said:
how can the fund help if the minimum recomended investment period is five years?

Hi Wayne,

Yes, as with most all Managed Funds the recommended investment period is 5 years.
This is so because markets fluctuate and one could be caught short if your investment did not perform to expectations over a short time frame.

Another factor is that there are generally Entrance and / or Exit fees from most funds and this expense might well eat up most of your short term gains.

Most of my clients, myself included, do use the Navrainvest Funds on a shorter term basis:
1) There are NO Entrance and Exit Fees.
2) There is NO management fee. (Only a performance fee which comes out of profit in excess of the S&P 200 index)
3) Regular quarterly distributions. (To cover borrowing costs)

In this way, we are able to Optimise the use of every dollar in the portfolio: Meaning the Property will continue to grow in value, and the LAZY equity has the opportunity to acquire some income and Capital Growth simultaneously.

At whatever future point the growth is sufficient to acquire your next IP, then the funds can be withdrawn (without the penalty of an exit fee) for the next deposit and associated costs.

Fund Performance at Friday 10th Close:

Gross Fund return 4.55%
Less Perf Fee 1.00%

Net Return: 3.55%
S&P 200 index 1.76%

The distribution for this quarter is already in excess of 3%.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited:
Dee

I recently had my PPOR and 1 IP revalued with Westpac. I have borrowed money from a LOC invested in Steve's fund. Westpac took those borrowings into consideration in calculating my servicibility. I argued that the fund returned me a quarterly income and that those distributions should be taken into account as well (and provided income statements to that effect). Westpac agreed and took the income into calculations.

Gazza

There is another pleasing figure (well at least to me as a shareholder of the company) on the NavraInvest website – Assets Under Management. Steve expected inflow up to 1M a month when asked during the Melbourne meeting last November. So far it looks pretty good – (31/10/03 13.61M – 09/09/04 22.51M).

Steve, will it be NavraInvest annual meeting any time soon?

Mikhail

Mikhaila said:
Steve, will it be NavraInvest annual meeting any time soon?

Yes . . . earmarked for mid Oct. (Annual report and invite letters currently being prepared)

We are travelling well and should this continue, share holders can look forward to an enhanced value at the next share offer. (End of first quarter next year . . .April 05)

Look forward to seeing all share holders at the AGM.

Regards,

Steve

Navra fund ytd 10%+

*Bump*

the retail fund return year to date ie from 1 July 04 is 10.04% net of fees, the wholesale fund is 10.20%. See www.navrainvest.com.au for the details.

Given we're only a bit over a quarter of the way through the financial year it's quite a pleasing result. :D

Last edited:
Now approaching 12% year to date

NigelW said:
*Bump*

the retail fund return year to date ie from 1 July 04 is 10.04% net of fees, the wholesale fund is 10.20%. See www.navrainvest.com.au for the details.

Given we're only a bit over a quarter of the way through the financial year it's quite a pleasing result. :D

I wouldn't normally bump this again so soon but since my last post 9 days ago...there's been a quite significant rise :D and I know a number of forumites are interested:

YTD Return net of fees as at 11 NOV 2004 is:

* Retail Fund 11.69% :)

* Wholesale Fund 11.81%. :D

Cheers
N.

Back